Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #51
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
You mean the QH Kelah look like a green kelah
I'm curious what those were too. Their mouth shape and body look exactly like the one i bought from Seaview. From my knowledge, i dont think they are Green Kelah as their shine and mouth position (upper-lip) is totally different.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #52
FishyAmazon

Seeing that there are so many Kelah experts here.
I got a question open for comments. I have both Tenga and Green Kelah, many peers here says they are both the same but i beg to differ.

Here is why, based on my understanding so far (refer to pics below);
left picture - tenga (or is it red kelah like what the seller tells me?)
right picture - green kelah (or is it something else)

Anybody can explain why these two names are referring to the same species when they are obviously different fishes?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhichisWhich-Web.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	222000

Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #53
Spakase

Quote:
I'm curious what those were too. Their mouth shape and body look exactly like the one i bought from Seaview. From my knowledge, i dont think they are Green Kelah as their shine and mouth position (upper-lip) is totally different.
I thought they are much nicer than any Kelah I have seen so far. Would have bagged a few if they weren't so ex. I wanted to find out more about them before I take a plunge. If they could remain so bright scaled in an indoor tank, it shows the genes are very good!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:34 AM   #54
washywashy
Dragon

Bros, I came across this blog by kelah breeders in Malaysia but unfortunately, its in malay.. http://www.ikankelah.com/ It has pics of the farm they intend to setup to breed this endangered fish and some vids..
Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #55
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
I thought they are much nicer than any Kelah I have seen so far. Would have bagged a few if they weren't so ex. I wanted to find out more about them before I take a plunge. If they could remain so bright scaled in an indoor tank, it shows the genes are very good!
Cant wait to have you onboard!
I scopped up my blue the other day to do minor surgey but forgot to take a close pic. I must tell you it looks like a gold bar holding it! You sure no blue for you? Maybe a few of each kind would be great idea too

Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #56
sebarau
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
Seeing that there are so many Kelah experts here.
I got a question open for comments. I have both Tenga and Green Kelah, many peers here says they are both the same but i beg to differ.

Here is why, based on my understanding so far (refer to pics below);
left picture - tenga (or is it red kelah like what the seller tells me?)
right picture - green kelah (or is it something else)

Anybody can explain why these two names are referring to the same species when they are obviously different fishes?
Bro,
It best to have full side view pic..the one on the left looks like tengas..with greenish and longish body..on the right side..very hard to say... if all goes well..i'm gonna have 3 pcs kelah from kenyir..that what the seller say la.. we'll see how they look like soon..
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #57
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
Bros, I came across this blog by kelah breeders in Malaysia but unfortunately, its in malay.. http://www.ikankelah.com/ It has pics of the farm they intend to setup to breed this endangered fish and some vids..
Thanks for the contribution.
There's already quite a few such breeders i've read about few years ago.
Maybe some of their offspring are already in our tanks!

Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #58
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarau View Post
Bro,
It best to have full side view pic..the one on the left looks like tengas..with greenish and longish body..on the right side..very hard to say... if all goes well..i'm gonna have 3 pcs kelah from kenyir..that what the seller say la.. we'll see how they look like soon..
Here you go with the fullshot of the right side fish as previously posted - refer to pic 1. Humpback Mahseers
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...14&postcount=2

Old 04-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #59
FishyAmazon

I'm very jealous sebarau Anyway that i can get some from your contacts of Kenyir Kelah over to our island?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #60
sebarau
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
Here you go with the fullshot of the right side fish as previously posted - refer to pic 1. Humpback Mahseers
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...14&postcount=2
the humpback maheseer looks very kelah to me.. but the exact species tor tambroides or duronensis, that I cannot tell.
Closed Thread