Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 25-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #61
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Got most of them at about 3" +- four months back. This bunch of 'hungry ghost' can whack a full pack of Hikari medium sized wheat germ in two weeks. However, if you should move them to new environment, be prepared for up to two weeks of fasting (especially for blues).

You're doing very well too. Close to 1" growth per month. Dunno whether growth rate will slow down or not after reaching certain size?
Indeed. You know them very well. The blues are also my good water indicators, anything wrong their feeding are usually affected or dorsal fin slightly burned.

As for growth rate - Hee Yup, bunch of hungry buggers. I dont have your luxury of space, i will settle with 5ft instead in a few months time when they burst my current tank. Goldies grow the fastest as compared to my reds and blues.

What have you been feeding them other than pellets? I'm trying dried shrimp, mp and occasionally tiny live bugs if i find them (ants, spiders, etc)

Old 25-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #62
redtrade

Yeap.. those are jelawats...

Old 25-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #63
Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
Indeed. You know them very well. The blues are also my good water indicators, anything wrong their feeding are usually affected or dorsal fin slightly burned.

As for growth rate - Hee Yup, bunch of hungry buggers. I dont have your luxury of space, i will settle with 5ft instead in a few months time when they burst my current tank. Goldies grow the fastest as compared to my reds and blues.

What have you been feeding them other than pellets? I'm trying dried shrimp, mp and occasionally tiny live bugs if i find them (ants, spiders, etc)
Mp cut into bite size pcs is very well accepted. As for floating type foods, I try to avoid them a far as possible to avoid the trouble of wiping up water splashes everytime after feeding. Btw, if you're going for 5ft tank, you can always compensate with 3ft height

Old 26-06-2009, 12:36 AM   #64
laodie
Senior Dragon

can somebody show me a clear full shot of a 6" gold masheer?
Old 26-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #65
Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by laodie View Post
I can try but you've got to pray hard for them to stop dashing around
My camera also cheapo type.

Old 26-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #66
redbull1023

hi bros....is there any type of kelahs tad has alittle tinge of black on their tails? if there is wad type are they?

Old 26-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #67
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by laodie View Post
Share one pic i took about 2 months back - this fella still look the same except the tail which has gotten more chilli red in colouration. Took me a while to dig this pic out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Golden_Blue_Red_Indicators[1].jpg
Views:	2844
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	233231

Apologize for the low quality photo. Maybe we should have Amiidae taking the pics instead . He has one golden from India by the way, with a pic in one of our past thread.

Welcome to the journal!

Old 27-06-2009, 01:45 AM   #68
washywashy
Dragon

Anyone saw the Kelahs at Ah Hock feeder shop at ST96? Got Thai blues and the other one I can't ID..
Old 27-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #69
washywashy
Dragon

Btw bros, my kelahs which have a faint lateral line, has somewhat black fins now and the body colour is getting darker.. What kelah is it?
Old 27-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #70
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull1023 View Post
hi bros....is there any type of kelahs tad has alittle tinge of black on their tails? if there is wad type are they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
Btw bros, my kelahs which have a faint lateral line, has somewhat black fins now and the body colour is getting darker.. What kelah is it?
Where did you folks got the kelah? I've got some tiny fries from C328 few months back, aunty say red kelah. They have dark colouration with black tail very different from the other reds i have by physical appearance.

I dunno what kind of kelah this is too - just enjoying the swarm is good enough for me. . Maybe this is the black kelah that people are talking about.

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 27-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Closed Thread