Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #61
dragonhart
Dragon

condolences bro...no symptoms no way to identify what cause the death...

what's the size of your golden kelah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionBeetle View Post
Hi all, my golden kelah suddenly passed away this morning. i really not sure wat causes the death. In that big tank of mine, i got 2 golden kelah, 2 blue kelah, and 3 so call black kelah (got black outline at tail). all fishes in the tank was doing ok, and they are eating yesterday night when i feed them.. however this morning i saw DEATH!!! really not sure wat had happened. no wounds no nothing..
Old 12-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #62
LionBeetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhart View Post
condolences bro...no symptoms no way to identify what cause the death...

what's the size of your golden kelah?
I bought it at about 2.5" big.. death at 6"

Old 14-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #63
Freak

Quote:
Did you WC the day before? No awkward behaviour before dying?

Old 15-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #64
dragonhart
Dragon

never mind, they grow very fast..i think C328 have stocks.

Quote:
Old 15-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #65
FishyAmazon

Quote:
never mind, they grow very fast..i think C328 have stocks.
My condolenses to your lost. Clementi have a constant supply of those fries.

Lately i've also added some gold fries from them and strangely the goldens look kind of different from those i bought almost 8 months back.

One has a sharper and broader snout - Tor putitora has been identified based on the stark similarities with web photos.

The latest ones i bough have a narrower snout with slightly broader body than the latter. It seem like some sort of sub-species (tor putitora) under close observation??? Does anyone here have the same observation?

Old 16-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #66
LionBeetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Did you WC the day before? No awkward behaviour before dying?
no WC the day b4.. they are eating fine too on the previous night.. that is why i find it strange. no wounds no swell in stomach no nothing.. the same symptom was seen on my another tank where i keep those red kelah fries.. out of 4 of them also 1 kana sudden death.

Old 17-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #67
dragonhart
Dragon

bot 3 golden mahseer 2 weeks ago...looks same as those posted by u and other bros here....of the 3 of them, 2 are slender and 1 slightly shorter and broader body.

maybe just a variation...like aro...some long and slender...some short and broad...but still same species..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
My condolenses to your lost. Clementi have a constant supply of those fries.

Lately i've also added some gold fries from them and strangely the goldens look kind of different from those i bought almost 8 months back.

One has a sharper and broader snout - Tor putitora has been identified based on the stark similarities with web photos.

The latest ones i bough have a narrower snout with slightly broader body than the latter. It seem like some sort of sub-species (tor putitora) under close observation??? Does anyone here have the same observation?
Old 17-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #68
FishyAmazon

Quote:
bot 3 golden mahseer 2 weeks ago...looks same as those posted by u and other bros here....of the 3 of them, 2 are slender and 1 slightly shorter and broader body.

maybe just a variation...like aro...some long and slender...some short and broad...but still same species..
Yup. Thats what i figured too. Cant wait for them to grow to a feet long, probably by then any differences would be more obvious.

They seem to get nicer as they grow larger. One of the goldies i have abt 7 to 8 inches have a really slender body. The colouration and scaling is so superb, like a blue-base aro. Definitely worth the time taking good care of them Buy more you wont regret.

BTW, did you know that thai blue kelahs have two different specimens in it's scientific category. Could be worth-while looking around for them too to complete your collection.

Old 17-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #69
LionBeetle

Quote:
Yup. Thats what i figured too. Cant wait for them to grow to a feet long, probably by then any differences would be more obvious.

They seem to get nicer as they grow larger. One of the goldies i have abt 7 to 8 inches have a really slender body. The colouration and scaling is so superb, like a blue-base aro. Definitely worth the time taking good care of them Buy more you wont regret.

BTW, did you know that thai blue kelahs have two different specimens in it's scientific category. Could be worth-while looking around for them too to complete your collection.
OMG.. i'm gonna get poison further after hearing this.. i'm also thinking about getting more in.. but i really afraid after they grow big liao no more space to tank them.. as my house not that big to house so many tanks..

Old 18-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #70
dragonhart
Dragon

already got 5 gold.

where to find the other type of blue kelah without the black strip?

show pic of the 8 inch gold mahseer leh..

Quote:

Closed Thread