Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 15-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #31
Fire87
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
the RTG is ugly to you ? standards damn high ...

anyway, wat u r offering is the idea tat there is an abundance of yellow pigmentation in this kind of aro ... ie they shd actually be called xanthic instead of axanthic ... but these aros look to me as being albino, as being in a variation of albinism ie a lack of certain pigmentation rather than having an abundance of just the yellow pigmentation. The idea is worth exploring though. You may just be right. Platinum arowanas is the result of this over abundance of iridophores pigment

I hope Simon and Kenny can give some inputs when they see this ...
forget about the RTG... gone to be a baby making machine liao I think...

I won't say they are albino because errrm... to take a pic from bro pressure's gallery

Obviously the iridophores are still present, abeit in much lesser amounts. And the melanophores too. Which leaves us with Erythrophore, which is also evident in the colored fins. Interestingly, the Panda Xanthics do react to background colors... something I suspect the albinos are not able to do. In that case, all the 4 chromatophores are present, hence I'd speculate again that it's not a Xanthic form.

BTW if you drop by my area in daytime, drop by my place. Will show you something then.

Me not a bio student... just pure speculation, don't zap me if I'm wrong! Agree that it'll be good to stop my nonsense till Kenny or Simon comments.
Old 16-08-2005, 12:31 AM   #32
disturbed
Dragon

Quote:
I thought this is supposed to be a defect ? or do u mean Panda is actually trying to breed this to perfection ?
its one of their special aros if i'm not wrg...
Old 16-08-2005, 12:39 AM   #33
boyx2
seeginna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire87
forget about the RTG... gone to be a baby making machine liao I think...
why dont u just update a pic of yrs?
Old 16-08-2005, 01:52 AM   #34
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyx2
why dont u just update a pic of yrs?
He dun wanna show ppl his ma
Old 16-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #35
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed
its one of their special aros if i'm not wrg...
dun understand this .... special as in they intentionally breed this ? or special as in by chance the aro has a genetic defect ...
Old 16-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #36
kagemaru

Quote:
dun understand this .... special as in they intentionally breed this ? or special as in by chance the aro has a genetic defect ...
Perhaps just like platiniums...do they breed by chance or are they delibrately breeded by certain farms?

there is only one malaysia farm which specifically breed platinium if I am not wrong, but how high are the chances?

Panda may have the Axantic Brooders but does 1 + 1 always equal to 2?

tats probably why we dun see them so frequently

Old 16-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #37
TetraArowana

Quote:
i have seen several of these at Panda Farm and have this strange feeling they are trying to get it to look like the Panda Bear....afterall the eyes are already black and some of them biege/cream body....a few more generations they may produce their Panda Bear Arowana. By accidental or art/science i don't know or maybe both.

Old 16-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #38
disturbed
Dragon

Quote:
maybe a mistake which they decided to use as a new product. Like for platinum and albino. It does looks different.
Old 16-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #39
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
Perhaps just like platiniums...do they breed by chance or are they delibrately breeded by certain farms?

there is only one malaysia farm which specifically breed platinium if I am not wrong, but how high are the chances?

Panda may have the Axantic Brooders but does 1 + 1 always equal to 2?

tats probably why we dun see them so frequently
I'm curious what are these axanthic brooders ... actually I'm curious what exactly is axanthic .... are they albinos really as in lacking in pigmentation or are they xanthic as in having dominant yellow pigments ....
Old 16-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #40
cloudyrain

should consult mr pressure on this topic....