Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 16-08-2003, 10:24 AM   #21
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by Koji™
hahaha...I just don't have the chance yet to play around with the lighting effect yet.
Kojisan, cannot always let u lead us. Sometime we must share some of the burden too.

Old 16-08-2003, 10:27 AM   #22
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by AroLuohan
Nice ESR...
Its a good investment.
Thanks. This aro can eat! Think it should be possible for it to grow beyond 24".
I love big aro. My CR kind of slow.....

Old 16-08-2003, 10:52 AM   #23
Vil

Default Re: Red aro with PL 55W red/red tube

Quote:
Originally posted by ken_yg
Pic of aro with 2 x 55W PL red/red tubes
my preferred lighting!

Old 16-08-2003, 11:10 AM   #24
ken_yg

Default Re: Re: Red aro with PL 55W red/red tube

Quote:
Originally posted by Vil
my preferred lighting!
I think we got the same kind of red that will look better if the blue base is retained. If aro is infront of that PL, we can see good blue shine. Effect not possible with TFC or Nan.

Old 16-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #25
silvanus

Quote:
Not nice in pic, but definitely will be much nicer with proper lighting. Good lighting must be bright too for photoshoot. We just got to work on it. let hope we find something better .......
hope to hear good news about the 'something better' soon.

Old 16-08-2003, 07:52 PM   #26
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Bro Ken, nice ESR and good effects with diff lights .... Good infos & experience to share. Thanks!
Old 16-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #27
Seth

Bro... I am speechless... U r really the expert on lightings here. Perhaps we have have a lighting forum as well.

There should be some correction to what I mentioned in a post earlier. My light tubes should be 1 x Zoo Flora, 2 x TFC and a submerged NAN.

Can I enquire how many sets of lights do you have altogether for a single tank of yours?

Old 16-08-2003, 09:48 PM   #28
agitato
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Actually not true. The full spectrum is closer to sunlight at CRI >90%. Normal daylight/coolwhite is only rated around CRI 60%. Too much green & distort the real beauty of aro.
i'm using the normal daylight tube 36W by Osram, it is bright yes but everything looks washed out

thanks for the contact bro ken, anyway where's the location of this shop?

i'm also considering getting arcadia freshwater tube or the original tropical tube. any comments on that?
Old 17-08-2003, 12:55 AM   #29
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by Seth
Bro... I am speechless... U r really the expert on lightings here. Perhaps we have have a lighting forum as well.

There should be some correction to what I mentioned in a post earlier. My light tubes should be 1 x Zoo Flora, 2 x TFC and a submerged NAN.

Can I enquire how many sets of lights do you have altogether for a single tank of yours?
For my ESR tank, I got a set of 5' CR aquarium retrofitted with 2 x PL 55W red/red tube for main lighting, 1 set of 5' Nan for viewing/photography, & another set of 5' CR aquarium with 3 x 36W PL red/white tube (rarely use). The tank location is quite bright, thus I only operate the PL 55W red/red most of the time.

The full spectrum lighting are not part of tank lighting. Just bought to test the effect of CR1 90% lighting on red. Think the effect is more suitable for my comm tank.

I'm no expert. Still looking around for ideal lighting. Maybe with sharing from bros here, we may zoom in to the right lighting.
This lighting will be perfect : natural & PL 55W red/red :

Old 17-08-2003, 01:01 AM   #30
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by SabaDen92
Bro Ken, nice ESR and good effects with diff lights .... Good infos & experience to share. Thanks!
Just sharing & looking for help to get the ideal light for red. Hope to see some good lighting alternative from others too.