Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 08-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
cklim
Arofanatic

Default first time daddy

hi all shifu,wat to feed n when to feed those ray pup ? especilly those handicap type > learn frm some breeder they feed baby torsat n frozen blood worms tried but in vain saw the pity batgirl just couldnt catch those active torsat zzz..sian
cklim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
Shawnsp
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklim View Post
hi all shifu,wat to feed n when to feed those ray pup ? especilly those handicap type > learn frm some breeder they feed baby torsat n frozen blood worms tried but in vain saw the pity batgirl just couldnt catch those active torsat zzz..sian
Bro, i feed BW. I think pup can feed on it anything it like and it doesnt have to catch by itself.
Shawnsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
naser90096
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklim View Post

they normally start feeding after 3-5 days ... in ur case, u might want to start with frozen blood worms or tubifex worms ... or semi frozen torsat (freeze for 1 hr to make them pengsan..).
naser90096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
conchabullosa
Arofanatic

Most pups do not eat for first 2 to 3 days depending on size of yolk sac.First 2 weeks of life, pups are usu inactive, they hide and eat. I like sand for them to hide. I saw yr pics in the thread, try not to disturb it too much, they are stressed easily . I had 4 out of 5 pups die within a day after picture taking and sexing at abt 1 week old.
Torsats or bloodworms r ok , just make sure the water is clean.
Add in a sponge filter to yr nursery tub to improve circulation.
conchabullosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 03:50 AM   #5
cklim
Arofanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnsp View Post
Bro, i feed BW. I think pup can feed on it anything it like and it doesnt have to catch by itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naser90096 View Post
they normally start feeding after 3-5 days ... in ur case, u might want to start with frozen blood worms or tubifex worms ... or semi frozen torsat (freeze for 1 hr to make them pengsan..).
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchabullosa View Post
Most pups do not eat for first 2 to 3 days depending on size of yolk sac.First 2 weeks of life, pups are usu inactive, they hide and eat. I like sand for them to hide. I saw yr pics in the thread, try not to disturb it too much, they are stressed easily . I had 4 out of 5 pups die within a day after picture taking and sexing at abt 1 week old.
Torsats or bloodworms r ok , just make sure the water is clean.
Add in a sponge filter to yr nursery tub to improve circulation.
thks for all info,she start feeding hope she grow well
cklim is offline   Reply With Quote