Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 18-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Mali
Dragon

Default I Hate my Eheim Classic 2213!!

i bought it 4mths plus ago, works find but i hate starting it up! i mean need to manually suck out the water (using gravel pump) instead of having itz own sucking device. And i dont understand why it still wont run even the water flow out of then inlet. is it not strong?? bought it for $88 lo haiz.. any bro keen to buy?
Mali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
ostrava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mali
i bought it 4mths plus ago, works find but i hate starting it up! i mean need to manually suck out the water (using gravel pump) instead of having itz own sucking device. And i dont understand why it still wont run even the water flow out of then inlet. is it not strong?? bought it for $88 lo haiz.. any bro keen to buy?
I think u should invest in a double tap to fully appreciate the functionality of ehiem classic series of canister
Old 19-09-2006, 02:20 AM   #3
evolim83

You can consider getting a set of the Installation set 1 and 2.
These would aid you in priming your filter.
I personally find the 2213 an excellent piece of equipment.
Old 19-09-2006, 03:25 AM   #4
cacatuoides

Eheim is good piece of equipment!!! as stated by ostava, you'll need the double taps to go along with it......can prime it by opening the inflow tap and let the water fill up before opening the outflow and switching on the pump...
Old 19-09-2006, 03:58 AM   #5
mtanec

first time always require some sucking.. my experienced drinking tank water that is full of poo and having the water splashing all over.. but once set up, you only need to control with the tap.. simply close tap before removing piping from canister for cleaning and opening the tap once the cleaned canister is connected with the tubes..
Old 19-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #6
Mali
Dragon

Default Thanks for the reply!!

Thanks all. will find out more on the double tap. Good day to all!
Old 20-09-2006, 09:01 AM   #7
Leopard88

A set of taps/valves will be good if you need to disconnect the canister for cleaning/maintenance. This taps/valves ensures that the water is still held in the hose and you can restart the suction very easily when the canister is connected back. A set cost about $20+.

However, if there is no water in the hose (eg. new or if yuo do not have the taps) you can either use those flexible suction hose that you use to siphon water during water change to force water into the hose to get air out of canister and the canister will run.

Else fill up the canister, connect to the hose and just leave the canister to run and suck the water in to start the suction. This may take 10-20 minutes and may heat up the pump a bit. Not recommended approach though as the impeller is running in an airlock, unless you find the other method troublesome like I do .
Old 20-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
swkoh79

I am using the installation set. At first I did not realise how useful they can be, but after a while, I realise they really aide you in starting up the filter. The inlet has a opening which you can use to fill the hose up with water, and if you have the tap, you just need to open the tap after filling the hose, and the water will start to be siphoned into the cannister. But be warned that the installation cost a bomb considering they are just a few pieces of plastic! :P
Old 20-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #9
taygu
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mali
I got my from my friend. Have been using it with no problem. It is true that you got to suck the water but as long as you get the water flowing into the filter and switch it on when the water level reached the cover, it will be ok.

Is your filter at the same height as the tank? It is better if the filter is lower than the tank.
taygu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 11:32 PM   #10
Mali
Dragon

i tot of changing to fuval canister cos it has self-priming.yup eheim 2213 still works find to me. oni thing is when starting it. might consider getting the double tap. still thinking which would be better. Thank you all for sharing ur view. i really appreciate the knowledge gain from this forum!