Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #21
branong
Banned
 
branong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tan View Post
I believe you setting up a plant tank, at this monent I don't thing there any BB for to harm. Adding cheap fish in will help to speed up the BB process.
Your biohome will definitely trap up some dirt and those suspend particles in the water and get dirty but than media that are puted into the filter are susppose to get dirty. I do not know whether getting dirty is consider harm?
I choose to use Geo liquid for plant the last time is that I know what I am doing and had weighed the cons. I do not recommend it, it just another option or the last option. Anyway for your information Geo liquid is from Japan.
They have liquid for marine, fresh water fish and plant. They claim that in the solution are actually natural mineral. Mineral rocks and sand collect from the natural enviorments and grind them into power. all the thing in the solution are minerals that are found in the natural water sources.
I personally think that although the solution is natural minerals but still they must have done some chemical treatment to them, if not how they are able bond the same types of minerals together. This is why I choose them, they did not convert the particles into other compond, only bond the same type into bigger and heavier particles for the filter to do the job. I must say that even they convert into other compond I am not able to tell, is about how much trust you have in Japanese product.
Best regards
actually dun need to be so kancheong one.. the water is still not "old" enuff and also theres no BB. getting cloudy is a sign of insufficient BB and of course from the dirts from the Lapis sand. just throw in a few fishes to generate some ammonia and your bb will cultivate slowly in abt 2 wks.

but if u really feel spending some money will help, then buy some BB powder ba..
i got mine at Petmart for $12 each cos i am also impatient in water for the water to clear initially, but subsequently all my tanks go thru the natural process of BB cultivation.
branong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #22
Mark Tan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by branong View Post
actually dun need to be so kancheong one.. the water is still not "old" enuff and also theres no BB. getting cloudy is a sign of insufficient BB and of course from the dirts from the Lapis sand. just throw in a few fishes to generate some ammonia and your bb will cultivate slowly in abt 2 wks.

but if u really feel spending some money will help, then buy some BB powder ba..
i got mine at Petmart for $12 each cos i am also impatient in water for the water to clear initially, but subsequently all my tanks go thru the natural process of BB cultivation.
Haha, I am not the one that kancheong, Bro Marcusy is the one that run of patient lei. One of the good in this hobby is that we will be train to be patient. I still that the clearing of the water is by mechanical progress rather than biological process.
Best regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 03:24 AM   #23
Marcusy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

wahaha ya lor i'm the one which is kanchoeng keke....any way i have put the power in it already .. so far so gd and also place in some around 7 fishes in it ... let see how it goes
  Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 06:33 AM   #24
tagore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tan View Post
Haha, I am not the one that kancheong, Bro Marcusy is the one that run of patient lei. One of the good in this hobby is that we will be train to be patient. I still that the clearing of the water is by mechanical progress rather than biological process.
Best regards
you are still very old school . cos there is enough evidence biological process is faster and more efficient than the mechanical filtration. My guess is that you have in fact ventured into biological filtration more than you know. However your posting here have yet to demostrate that. by adding one bag of coral chip, bioball, wool or any substrate, you are growing aerobic bacteria which helps you solve your ammonia, nitrite problem. Mechanical filtration can never solve these unless you change your water frequently. The latter is not advicable cos of the damage to your lifestock.

just a discussion, my 2 cents, your sincere opinion.

damien aka tagore
  Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #25
branong
Banned
 
branong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagore View Post
you are still very old school . cos there is enough evidence biological process is faster and more efficient than the mechanical filtration. My guess is that you have in fact ventured into biological filtration more than you know. However your posting here have yet to demostrate that. by adding one bag of coral chip, bioball, wool or any substrate, you are growing aerobic bacteria which helps you solve your ammonia, nitrite problem. Mechanical filtration can never solve these unless you change your water frequently. The latter is not advicable cos of the damage to your lifestock.

just a discussion, my 2 cents, your sincere opinion.

damien aka tagore
yea, Damien is right.. biological process is indeed more critical that mechanical filtration..
branong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #26
Mark Tan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagore View Post
you are still very old school . cos there is enough evidence biological process is faster and more efficient than the mechanical filtration. My guess is that you have in fact ventured into biological filtration more than you know. However your posting here have yet to demostrate that. by adding one bag of coral chip, bioball, wool or any substrate, you are growing aerobic bacteria which helps you solve your ammonia, nitrite problem. Mechanical filtration can never solve these unless you change your water frequently. The latter is not advicable cos of the damage to your lifestock.

just a discussion, my 2 cents, your sincere opinion.

damien aka tagore
Thanks Bro Tagore for enlightening,
I apologlize for the confussion.
What I mean that it's mechanical rather than biological is the part of clearing of the cloudy particles in the water.
In the earlier post when I post that BB convert ammonia to nitrite than to nitrate has the same meaning as what you had post, solve ammonia and nitrite problem and I fully agree that mechanical filter cannot solve them.
What I mean is the mechanical and biological had their own function, they combine together to form a complete system. Like if we took away the mechanical filter and leave just the biological filter, you will find dead leaves , dirt and fish food when suck into the filter will come out again from the filter into the tank. Hope my explanation make sense or the more I explain the more I am in the dirt.
Thanks and best regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 12:35 AM   #27
Marcusy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

would like to thank all bros who give me all the infor .. now my tank water is clear up tks bros!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #28
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon
 
EvolutionZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusy View Post
would like to thank all bros who give me all the infor .. now my tank water is clear up tks bros!!!!
glad to hear that bro =)
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)