Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #31
AncientHao
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

thanks for nice comments bro,and wow amiidae,cool experiment!
  Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #32
qianjun
Arofanatic
 
qianjun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post
In case some of you are interested to see this experiment that I did back in 2006.

Click this link -- > Can fish survive out of water for more than a month ? Is this for REAL ?
interesting experiment...nv thought of doing that.
qianjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #33
LedZepp
Dragon
 
LedZepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 910
Default Applause Applause

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post
In case some of you are interested to see this experiment that I did back in 2006.

Click this link -- > Can fish survive out of water for more than a month ? Is this for REAL ?
Clap Clap.....bro.

Very educating and elaborate experiment....make me love my lung more!

Cheers! Now waiting and hoping to get the ultimate Aus Lung....anyone?
LedZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #34
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon
 
EvolutionZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,566
Default

got to dig this thread up.. saw a lungfish at y618 today.. brown with black spots.. dunno what lung issit.. can it be comm with a few endi? the lung is of similar size with my endi..

thanks.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #35
qianjun
Arofanatic
 
qianjun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 416
Default

shd either b annectens or marbled lungfish....

both r aggressive, not easy to comm...=p
qianjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #36
Schmike
Endangered Dragon
 
Schmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepp View Post
Clap Clap.....bro.

Very educating and elaborate experiment....make me love my lung more!

Cheers! Now waiting and hoping to get the ultimate Aus Lung....anyone?
u need to get permit fr AVA to keep aussies as they r a CITES species. they need to survey ur tank/pond to make sure the size is suitable.
Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #37
CHLee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

what u guy feed ur lungfish,mine takes pellets and mp
  Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #38
LedZepp
Dragon
 
LedZepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 910
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
u need to get permit fr AVA to keep aussies as they r a CITES species. they need to survey ur tank/pond to make sure the size is suitable.
Yes, bro, I had a very long email exchange with them earlier this year, asking them on the validity of their reasoning when the aus lung in our underwater world is housed in such a small tank...

btw, the underwater world has a huge aethiopicus, beautiful creature, now waiting for my albino aethiopicus to grow....
LedZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #39
LedZepp
Dragon
 
LedZepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 910
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
got to dig this thread up.. saw a lungfish at y618 today.. brown with black spots.. dunno what lung issit.. can it be comm with a few endi? the lung is of similar size with my endi..

thanks.
Bro, not advisable....lungfishes can be very deadly and can easily kill fishes twice its size with its powerful jaws!

Ever kept a aethiopicus congicus with several endies....all about 18-20" in size...can actually hear the lung snapping its jaws at the endies...the endies will then scram and caused a havoc in the tank...

Think I still hv its pix...can see abit of the big endie in the background.

Last edited by LedZepp; 30-10-2011 at 09:10 PM.
LedZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #40
Schmike
Endangered Dragon
 
Schmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepp View Post
Yes, bro, I had a very long email exchange with them earlier this year, asking them on the validity of their reasoning when the aus lung in our underwater world is housed in such a small tank...

btw, the underwater world has a huge aethiopicus, beautiful creature, now waiting for my albino aethiopicus to grow....
so what was their reply?
Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)