Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 08-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
tatajao

Default Does crossback needs tannings?

Does a crossback needs tanning to further shines it's gold rims and base color?
If yes then What kind of lightnings to use and how many hours? Thanks for your enlighten on this matter.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Rayie
Dragon

i like to hear advise from expert on this too.
Thanks in advance
Rayie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
matthew
Senior Dragon

Unless going thru wtt, I dun tink it is a must to have tanning lights for xback.
Just normal aquarium lights place on top for viewing pleasure will do.
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Rayie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
Unless going thru wtt, I dun tink it is a must to have tanning lights for xback.
Just normal aquarium lights place on top for viewing pleasure will do.
Thank you bro, just want to clarify more, the purpose of tanning is to bring out the tone is it?
But placing lighting on top and heavy tanning would it makes the shine harder to climb?
so for WTT should the lighting be place on the top or place bottom of the tank/fgt(shine from bottom of tank up).

Thanks again
Old 09-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
matthew
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayie View Post
Thank you bro, just want to clarify more, the purpose of tanning is to bring out the tone is it?
But placing lighting on top and heavy tanning would it makes the shine harder to climb?
so for WTT should the lighting be place on the top or place bottom of the tank/fgt(shine from bottom of tank up).

Thanks again
For xback place in a blue tank or black tank. The tone will come automatically. Tanning will darken the base color and so will bring out the tone more as there is a contrast between the base color and gold tone.

For xback place in white tank or white fgt, you are trying to bring out the shine of the xback by making the xback camouflage its base color to the surrounding "white".
Hence normal white flourescent tube placed on the top is sufficent enough to light up the white fgt as the sides are all in white. The white surface will help to reflect the lights in all directions.

My personal preference is not to submerged any lights in the tank as it will bring up the temperature, eletrical hazard if the glass casing breaks (occur to me b4).

juz my personal opinion.
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
jiahuang
Dragon

use shanda taning light also can .... depends on each bro pefer...
jiahuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
skyching5911
Dragon

wah.. veri gd infor. thks all bro or sis... make mi save alot $ for chg light...
skyching5911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
bernardng

Good advise
Old 09-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
stvloh

Quote:
For xback place in a blue tank or black tank. The tone will come automatically. Tanning will darken the base color and so will bring out the tone more as there is a contrast between the base color and gold tone.

For xback place in white tank or white fgt, you are trying to bring out the shine of the xback by making the xback camouflage its base color to the surrounding "white".
Hence normal white flourescent tube placed on the top is sufficent enough to light up the white fgt as the sides are all in white. The white surface will help to reflect the lights in all directions.

My personal preference is not to submerged any lights in the tank as it will bring up the temperature, eletrical hazard if the glass casing breaks (occur to me b4).

juz my personal opinion.
For the lighting in FGT , do I need to on it 7/24 and how many T8 tube is enough for a 6x3x2.5ft wt FGT?
Old 10-08-2010, 01:51 AM   #10
Rayie
Dragon

Quote:

juz my personal opinion.

Thanks bro for advice. so meaning the shine didn't really climb but instead the base color of the xback camouflage to the surrounding 'white' huh?