Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 10-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #91
KawaiiBoy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nev View Post
Oic... Thanks bro for the clarification... Hmmm good work, but if i want to diy... where can i find/buy cement? hmmm
Cement can be bought at some hardware shop. My father bought for me from defu lane. I think there are quite a few shops there that sell contractor stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC49 View Post
Very good DIY work...just wonder how long to soak the cement until the fishes can be introduced?
For my tangans which required alkaline water conditions, I soaked the background for around 24hours. After which, I totally drained out all the water. Although it would have been more appropriate to soak it maybe once or twice more, I was quite impatient then and after the first soaking, I already released some feeder fishes to do the testing. The feeder fishes were all healthy and swimming for 2 days before I decided to remove the feeder fishes and put in my tangans.

For fishes that are not suited to alkaline water, I will suggest using a pH test kit after each soak to test for the water pH. Also, I will suggest that each soaking time be increased to maybe around 48hrs. As I have read about this online before, I am quite sure that the pH will come down sooner or later. Hope this info helps.
KawaiiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #92
Catmarine

To all bros,
Beside Back to the Nature, I saw this in the Hong Kong fish street. It is made by Juwel and looks pretty good too. I think its made by some kind of foam but denser.

http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/moti...94.htm?cat=779
Catmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #93
sheng
Dragon

Wow, if got time must try out
thanks for sharing
sheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #94
Catmarine

Bro Kawaiiboy,
I take my hat off to you. You have accomplished what I would have dreamt about...

Great work....
Catmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #95
FXPJR

Kawaiiboy...you the pro..
Old 10-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #96
KawaiiBoy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheng View Post
Wow, if got time must try out
thanks for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmarine View Post
Bro Kawaiiboy,
I take my hat off to you. You have accomplished what I would have dreamt about...

Great work....
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXPJR View Post
Kawaiiboy...you the pro..
Thanks guys for the kind words. However this is my first attempt and honestly I hope I can make a more realistic one in furture.
KawaiiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #97
DC49

Default thks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiBoy View Post
Cement can be bought at some hardware shop. My father bought for me from defu lane. I think there are quite a few shops there that sell contractor stuff.

For my tangans which required alkaline water conditions, I soaked the background for around 24hours. After which, I totally drained out all the water. Although it would have been more appropriate to soak it maybe once or twice more, I was quite impatient then and after the first soaking, I already released some feeder fishes to do the testing. The feeder fishes were all healthy and swimming for 2 days before I decided to remove the feeder fishes and put in my tangans.

For fishes that are not suited to alkaline water, I will suggest using a pH test kit after each soak to test for the water pH. Also, I will suggest that each soaking time be increased to maybe around 48hrs. As I have read about this online before, I am quite sure that the pH will come down sooner or later. Hope this info helps.
TS, thanks for your detail answers!

Maybe someday, might get down to doing it....very nice.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #98
gbang007

very nice!
Old 17-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #99
kthxbai

dont know still nice or not.. 3yrs already..
Old 24-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #100
.G1.

one of the nicest DIY i even seem.