Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 07-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #21
KEITH21

i believe hdb officer also know that the water is slightly more than 1 ton
but they also close one eye
Old 07-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #22
aquafanatic
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsalmonlove View Post
Btw bro, is it necessary for every HDB residents to ask for approval from the HDB for 6ft and above or 5ft and above? Just curious.. cause I have 4ft tank now, have plans to upgrade my tank as the fishes are getting bigger.
Bro, whole setup >600kg requires HDB Permit.
aquafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
koijunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steya View Post
I submitted my floor plan & I indicate that it will be placed against the wall of the bomb shelter. They also wanted a drawing of the cabinet & I also included a pic of a 6x2.5x2.5 tank/cabinet that I goggled. I decided to go for a 4ft sump tank. As for the calculations, total weight i submitted was abt 900-950kg.
Good luck on your application. Not to discourage you, just fyi ,usually first time application will fail when they hear your tank exceed 600 Kg...further more yours is close to 1 ton !...you really have to convince them hard to get the permit. Because i tried before and failed.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #24
Merdeka

Very very interesting and very timely just when I'm about contemplating a 6X2X2 with 5ft sump. This is something from HDB that I'm not aware of. Likely my proposal is gonna be shot down by HDB. By the way, how do you guys measure the water weights?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #25
koijunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdeka View Post
Very very interesting and very timely just when I'm about contemplating a 6X2X2 with 5ft sump. This is something from HDB that I'm not aware of. Likely my proposal is gonna be shot down by HDB. By the way, how do you guys measure the water weights?

Here got a very convenience link, just input the dimensions and the weight of the water will be calculated for you automatically :

http://www.saltyzoo.com/SaltyCalcs/TankSetupCalc.php

But, not to forget...if your tank glass type, do take into consideration that it is very heavy by itself.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #26
JackFish
Dragon

I personally kept a tank size of 6x3x2.5. My place is about 10 years old.. so maybe you can take reference.. I had it beside the bomb shelter.. I had a 2 tier 522 beside it as well.. weight wise I guess its ok.. I didnt apply for any permit though...
JackFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #27
troutsalmonlove
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFish View Post
I personally kept a tank size of 6x3x2.5. My place is about 10 years old.. so maybe you can take reference.. I had it beside the bomb shelter.. I had a 2 tier 522 beside it as well.. weight wise I guess its ok.. I didnt apply for any permit though...
Wah.. Bro your house didn't kenna spotcheck before ar? Just curious..
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafanatic View Post
Bro, whole setup >600kg requires HDB Permit.
Thanks bro for the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by koijunior View Post
Here got a very convenience link, just input the dimensions and the weight of the water will be calculated for you automatically :

http://www.saltyzoo.com/SaltyCalcs/TankSetupCalc.php

But, not to forget...if your tank glass type, do take into consideration that it is very heavy by itself.
Thanks bro for the link, quite useful and realistic about including sand as well.
troutsalmonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #28
steya
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdeka View Post
As long as ur calculated weights is around 900kg, high chances will get approval. This is what happened to me:

At first I submitted my application to my Hdb branch office. Got a call from the technical officer the next day. Told me that my submitted weight of about 950kg will be rejected. Few days later, I emailed them again. Next day, same guy called me & said cannot la.

Then I told him, cannot be la... I've got friends who got their application approved & some even heavier than mine. He then told me to submit again. (floor plan & indicate tank location, drawing of cabinet) I also included a pic of the tank/cabinet I googled. This time I submitted total weight of 900-950kg. He told me he will submit it to his main office.

Nearly a week & no updates from them so I called up the same guy & asked him abt the status. He said he had submitted my application to Hdb engineers & they approved. will be receiving the letter by mail.

Last edited by steya; 09-07-2011 at 12:12 AM.
steya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #29
troutsalmonlove
Dragon

Thumbs up Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by steya View Post
As long as ur calculated weights is around 900kg, high chances will get approval. This is what happened to me:

At first I submitted my application to my Hdb branch office. Got a call from the technical officer the next day. Told me that my submitted weight of about 950kg will be rejected. Few days later, I emailed them again. Next day, same guy called me & said cannot la.

Then I told him, cannot be la... I've got friends who got their application approved & some even heavier than mine. He then told me to submit again. (floor plan & indicate tank location, drawing of cabinet) I also included a pic of the tank/cabinet I googled. This time I submitted total weight of 900-950kg. He told me he will submit it to his main office.

Nearly a week & no updates from them so I called up the same guy & asked him abt the status. He said he had submitted my application to Hdb engineers & they approved. will be receiving the letter by mail.
Congrats bro for your wonderful good news! Glad your application has been approved by the HDB! This approval letter got any expiry date? Lol
Old 09-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #30
troutsalmonlove
Dragon

Bro steya, what size of tank and sump you getting for your approval?