Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #41
jaicharu26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
hahah... bo pian.. cos I used to have problems with GF and I tried this and till now, my GF still swimming together.

The sucker fish I also dare not put cos I scare it will transmit diseases leh. Maybe me too fussy.
hmm...I think for the benefit of the fishes, I will follow ur proven method. tedious at start but at least no need to worry about the health.

I am also against sucker fish after my latest episode. Too much of a close call.

blackgf bro, update us if the "super green away" thing work anot after u try. Thanks.
Old 18-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #42
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaicharu26 View Post
hmm...I think for the benefit of the fishes, I will follow ur proven method. tedious at start but at least no need to worry about the health.

I am also against sucker fish after my latest episode. Too much of a close call.

blackgf bro, update us if the "super green away" thing work anot after u try. Thanks.
Ok will update on the alage thingy. Wanna share, remembered the two pcs of 1ft bubbling tubing at the back of my plant? Everytimes i switch it on, it does helps to push all the shit poo poo from the back and push it upwards to the front and when this happens the shit poo poo sink into the tank and will suck by the pump. In short, it does helps to clean up my tank, so i dont need a wave maker thingy at all .

Last edited by blackgf; 18-10-2010 at 03:30 PM.
blackgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #43
jaicharu26

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgf View Post
Ok will update on the alage thingy. Wanna share, remembered the two pcs of 1ft bubbling tubing at the back of my plant? Everytimes i switch it on, it does helps to push all the shit poo poo from the back and push it upwards to the front and when this happens the shit poo poo sink into the tank and will suck by the pump. In short, it does helps to clean up my tank, so i dont need a wave maker thingy at all .
haha...good idea. but why dont u just leave the bubbling tube on? i leave mine switched on
Old 21-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #44
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
haha...good idea. but why dont u just leave the bubbling tube on? i leave mine switched on
I didnt switched on because the bubbling creating alot of wave and somehow confused the fishes and generating alot of noises. So i only used it for cleaning up the tank after their meal and poo poo.
Old 21-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #45
blackgf
Arofanatic

I wonder you guys have this issue or not about the fish netting. Most LFS selling about 15 to 16 inches, is kinda of short for me to scope the fishes and poo poo. So i got fed up and DIY one as below which it can be extendable!! Just to share Damage $4 bucks!!!

Old 21-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #46
gavlim

I once had a collection of nice ranchu.....then I went to QH and got two more and suddenly all fell sick and in no time 80% of my stock died.
Old 21-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #47
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavlim View Post
I once had a collection of nice ranchu.....then I went to QH and got two more and suddenly all fell sick and in no time 80% of my stock died.
hmm the next time round u can try the one week isolation before dump them into the main tank?
Old 21-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #48
blackgf
Arofanatic

Here is a snap shot of my tank, after one month or so

Last edited by blackgf; 21-10-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 21-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #49
jaicharu26

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgf View Post
I didnt switched on because the bubbling creating alot of wave and somehow confused the fishes and generating alot of noises. So i only used it for cleaning up the tank after their meal and poo poo.
ya..It's noisy...but i scared that the fishes dun get enuf oxygen if i switch it off...and also, if it will afffect the water quality.
Old 21-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #50
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
ya..It's noisy...but i scared that the fishes dun get enuf oxygen if i switch it off...and also, if it will afffect the water quality.
Hmm did u calculate yr tank volume & select the right pump?? If u hv done that shldnt hv any issue at all. But if u over load yr tank with too many fishes then is better not to switch it off. So when u getting a 4 footer?