Liverpool
Liverpool
Liverpool

20 without reply.

NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #72
elimmel
Senior Dragon

Good start to the season but the real crunch comes when we face the top 6-7 teams.
Winning against the so called lesser teams need to become more consistent too.
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #73
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 26-08-2018, 09:00 PM   #74
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Simon Mignolet questions 'bizarre' Loris Karius move and eyes Liverpool transfer

Simon Mignolet has strongly hinted he still wants to leave Liverpool – as he questioned the “bizarre” decision to allow Loris Karius to leave on loan.

Mignolet began the season as third choice at Anfield but has been elevated to understudy to Alisson Becker following the departure of Karius on a two-year deal to Besiktas.

The Belgian was on the bench for Saturday's home Premier League win over Brighton and Hove Albion, but hasn't featured since the FA Cup defeat to West Bromwich Albion in January.

And Mignolet has intimated he could yet push for a departure from Liverpool before the transfer window closes next Friday.

“The transfer of Karius doesn't change anything for me,” he said to Het Laatste Nieuws. “I have always been clear: I want to play.

“Being number two or number three makes little difference. Playing minutes is the most important thing.

“Nobody has said anything to me after the departure of Loris. So I don't know what my future at Liverpool is. We will see what happens this week.”

Liverpool are unlikely to allow Mignolet to depart this month with youngsters Caoimhin Kelleher and Kamil Grabara the only other goalkeeper options available to Jurgen Klopp.

The 30-year-old had offers to leave on loan this summer with Besiktas among the clubs linked until they instead swooped for Karius.

And Mignolet added: “I find it bizarre that Karius was loaned while I also had options to be loaned. But for some reason that was not possible.

“A goalkeeper who was preferred to me last year may leave on a loan basis. Strange.”
Old 26-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #75
NI KI
Arofanatic

Creative

Andrew Robertson: Only teammate Mohamed Salah (12) has created more chances in the Premier League so far this season than Robertson (9)
Old 27-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #76
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default James Milner's top of the table warning

James Milner warned that Liverpool should not put too much stock in being top of the Premier League with just three games played.

The Reds continued their faultless start to the season by beating Brighton and Hove Albion 1-0 at Anfield on Saturday courtesy of Mohamed Salah’s first-half strike.

Jürgen Klopp’s side have yet to concede a goal in their three successive wins this term, though that record came under stress against the Seagulls.

Summer signing Alisson Becker had to produce an excellent save to preserve it in the 88th minute when he palmed away Pascal Gross’ close-range header.

And, while of course satisfied to be at the summit, Milner highlighted the need to improve on a performance that did not reach the level so often on show from Liverpool before.

“It’s never a bad place to be – but they’re early days and we just want to keep going and keep improving,” the No.7 told BT Sport when asked about topping the table.

“We know from the first three games it’s a pleasing start but there’s a lot to improve on. That’s the good thing and there’s stuff we’ll be working on to become a better team.”

On the hard-fought manner of the victory against a Brighton side who beat Manchester United in their previous game, Milner said: “They’re a good team, they showed that last week.

“They were going to be full of confidence coming here, they weren’t easy to break down; they’re strong, organised and have good players going forward as well.

“It was never going to be easy but obviously another clean sheet for us is pleasing. We know we can play better but sometimes you have to just grind out the result and look at what we can do better after the game and try to improve.”

Milner’s high pressing was the catalyst for the decisive moment of the match.

The midfielder robbed Yves Bissouma of possession deep in Brighton territory, allowing Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino to quickly spread the ball to Salah for a typically unerring finish into the far corner from his position on the right.

“That’s obviously what we want to do: catch them. When teams are as well organised as they are, they are the moments – when you win the ball back – to try to strike quickly,” said Milner.

“Bobby passed the ball through with a lovely weight on the ball. If you give Mo those chances he’s going to take them. The front three are always going to cause problems for all teams.

“Going forward gets most of the headlines but the boys at the back, the goalkeepers and as a team, keeping these clean sheets is so important and that’s what’s getting us the points.”
Old 27-08-2018, 07:10 PM   #77
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Jürgen Klopp: Brighton have woken us up

Brighton and Hove Albion gave Liverpool a wake-up call on Saturday that Jürgen Klopp considers timely for his team.

The Reds achieved a third successive victory of the new Premier League season as Mohamed Salah’s goal – and Alisson Becker’s vital late save from Pascal Gross – secured a 1-0 result at Anfield.

In their post-match assessments, however, the consensus of the manager and players was that Liverpool were somewhat short of the fluency seen in their previous home game, an emphatic win over West Ham United.

But, aside from the all-important three points, Klopp observed another silver lining on a trying evening.

“Winning 5-0, for example, with a brilliant performance, I’m sure this early in the season Leicester would have given us a nice wake-up call then. So, we are already awake now after that game,” he explained to Liverpoolfc.com.

“That’s cool. Let’s use this information and try to win at Leicester.”

Liverpool chalked up a third clean sheet in a row in 2018-19 and their seventh consecutive shutout at Anfield in a run that started in early March.

Klopp is encouraged by the habit – one he believes will come in handy on the occasions when the Reds’ attacking play isn’t at its highest level.

“It’s nice. Of course we have worked a lot on it,” added the German.

“I know people will say it’s Virgil [van Dijk] – he has a massive impact. Now it’s Alisson – and he has a massive impact.

“But we had that in different formations and our good run defensively started last year in October or so. That’s absolutely good and very important for us.

“We know we’re always able to create chances but, like today, we will not always use them and then a clean sheet helps massively. I’m fine with that.

“Usually last year, very often this team stood for the spectacular; today, it was work. No problem with that. And there were nice football parts, it wasn’t a boring game, it’s only that we are ready to work for each result. That was another proof today. All good – let’s carry on.”
Old 28-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #78
NI KI
Arofanatic

Last edited by NI KI; 28-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 28-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #79
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 28-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #80
lukeber
Arofanatic

Managers when compared to players, they are undervalued and underpaid
lukeber is offline   Reply With Quote