Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 11-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #11
KaLiB

The canister filter will not provide enough water circulation to dissolve the salt. You will need to get a powerhead or wavemaker to dissolve the salt for you. You should never fill a tank with water and then stir the water within the tank by hand to dissolve the salt. You are asking for trouble if you do that.

Have you done any basic reading up on marine fishkeeping to begin with? I'm not trying to bash you or discourage you from this hobby but it seems to me you do not have any idea about what needs to be done at the initial stages. It is important that you pause for a moment, do some thinking & planning, clear up your doubts before proceeding too far. Otherwise, I'm afraid you would end up having to solve issue after issue and spending more money than necessary. Its a sure way to fail to just plunge blindly into this hobby, I've been there and done that. It doesn't work.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #12
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

i just saw from SRC he posted a picture of his tank with sand, rocks and 2 fishes( may be more). Without un-mixed salt in the water, no filter at all and no cycling at all. i dun know whats gonna happen to your tank. I know i sound harsh and im sure you don't like it but this is not the way to treat live stocks.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #13
Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLiB View Post
The canister filter will not provide enough water circulation to dissolve the salt. You will need to get a powerhead or wavemaker to dissolve the salt for you. You should never fill a tank with water and then stir the water within the tank by hand to dissolve the salt. You are asking for trouble if you do that.

Have you done any basic reading up on marine fishkeeping to begin with? I'm not trying to bash you or discourage you from this hobby but it seems to me you do not have any idea about what needs to be done at the initial stages. It is important that you pause for a moment, do some thinking & planning, clear up your doubts before proceeding too far. Otherwise, I'm afraid you would end up having to solve issue after issue and spending more money than necessary. Its a sure way to fail to just plunge blindly into this hobby, I've been there and done that. It doesn't work.
I've done some reading but i guess its never enough cos its my first time setting up a marine tank. May i know the differences of a powerhead and a wavemaker? and where can i get those for my tank?
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #14
illumnae
Dragon

Why even bother posting questions if you're just going to blindly forge ahead and ignore all the good advice being given to you?
illumnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #15
kepala sakit
Dragon

Look! Manies, manyz or many for reference:http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search;_y...8&fr=yfp-t-712...
kepala sakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #16
KaLiB

From the questions that you have been asking, it seems to me that you do not have an understanding of the fundamentals of this hobby to begin with. The key fundamentals of marine aquaria would always apply regardless of the type of setup. These are fundamentals that need to be grasped and are mentioned over and over again, time and time again in forums, websites & books. If you've read up anything to begin with as you said you have, you should already have a certain degree of understanding of the fundamentals. You won't be asking questions like how much salt to add as you should already know a target specific gravity and being able to adjust the water to that.

You said you have done some reading but asking questions like this raise red flags IMO and you need to pause and start doing some planning ahead and clearing doubts instead of continuing to forge ahead blindly. The reality of what your doing is that you are increasing the risk of burning a big hole in your pocket(and by that, we are talking about at least in the hundreds) and not being able to achieve anything at the end of it.