Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 29-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
cklim
Arofanatic

Question type frontosa??

hi bros,how many type of frontosa r they ,n wat r there different look about the same
cklim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Orandaoranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklim View Post
hi bros,how many type of frontosa r they ,n wat r there different look about the same

Not confuse bro,if i not wrong there are 3 types of frontosa. Cyphotilapia frontosa ie: 1. (Northern) Burundi, Kigoma, bulu point. 2. (Eastern - South Eastern) Gibberosa Tanzanian ie: Mpimbwe, Ikola, Samazi and 3. (South west - West) Gibberosa zaire ie Moba, kapampa and the Moliro...

In fact take zaire for example, there are Moba, Kapampa, tembwe, moliro, kitumba etc. If the zaire were caught in Moba area then they are call Zaire moba. Like Chinese in Sinapore, we call Singaporean chinese or Chinese in Malaysia are call Malaysian chinese. They are the same. At first confuse, but once you are into front, you will soon graduate and can even speak African. Haha this one joking.
Hope it will help.
Old 30-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Hope this helps.

foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
maffia_2010
Arofanatic

Sorry just curious, why are some species much more expensive than the others. frends tell me due to difficulty in catching ..
maffia_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffia_2010 View Post
Sorry just curious, why are some species much more expensive than the others. frends tell me due to difficulty in catching ..
Fishes that are more rare and hard to come by will naturally be more expensive.

Thus, some frontosa are all over the market while some are not.
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
yonlada

Sidetrack abit, what are they fed with?

Cause thinking of getting.

Thanks
Old 30-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
Epiphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonlada View Post
Sidetrack abit, what are they fed with?

Cause thinking of getting.

Thanks
Once u get them familiar w u, they will eat practically anything u throw in...for, me, I am sticking to MP and sinking pallets like the Hikari brand.Basically any sinking food..reason being, Fronts r bottom dwellers an they r not able to disperse air out of their system, thus they ended up with "Floating" issue if they grub food from surface
Old 31-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
yonlada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphone View Post
Once u get them familiar w u, they will eat practically anything u throw in...for, me, I am sticking to MP and sinking pallets like the Hikari brand.Basically any sinking food..reason being, Fronts r bottom dwellers an they r not able to disperse air out of their system, thus they ended up with "Floating" issue if they grub food from surface
Well explained and i got the picture now.

I don know anything about them but was SEDUCED by them at the LFS near my place. Don know what is the actual breed or where it origin from but can see that it is blue.

Cost is $120 at about 3inches plus.
Old 31-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #9
Fishnatics

Nice fish to keep in a group...but burundi which is the cheapest, can be quite fierce...
Old 31-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #10
cklim
Arofanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orandaoranda View Post

Not confuse bro,if i not wrong there are 3 types of frontosa. Cyphotilapia frontosa ie: 1. (Northern) Burundi, Kigoma, bulu point. 2. (Eastern - South Eastern) Gibberosa Tanzanian ie: Mpimbwe, Ikola, Samazi and 3. (South west - West) Gibberosa zaire ie Moba, kapampa and the Moliro...
thks bro,u done a great help
In fact take zaire for example, there are Moba, Kapampa, tembwe, moliro, kitumba etc. If the zaire were caught in Moba area then they are call Zaire moba. Like Chinese in Sinapore, we call Singaporean chinese or Chinese in Malaysia are call Malaysian chinese. They are the same. At first confuse, but once you are into front, you will soon graduate and can even speak African. Haha this one joking.
Hope it will help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
Hope this helps.

bro,u all r very helpful got inform for wat i needed hope it help other too.
cklim is offline   Reply With Quote