Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AF Organized Events

Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #31
Mitsukake
Endangered Dragon

best is no FISH as Prizes..

i remember a incident.. which barney gets veri angry when a guy tries to sell away the fish he got during AF ANNIVERSARY wor

so no FISHY FISHY
Mitsukake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #32
balaboy87
Arofanatic

i understand the rational behind not giving out fishes due to possible abuse..but i believe most bros here out here are sincere hobbists who wld love to add fishes to their collection..I know i wld treasure the fish if i won
balaboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #33
lincolngoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtohow View Post
sorry but i think the fact is cash reward is what everyone can't resist..
Yup, but gambling requires a separate kind of license.
Old 13-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #34
xiaoyuer86
Dragon

How abt fish products or lfs gift voucher??
xiaoyuer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #35
nFn
Arofanatic

I would suggest either gift vouchers or water conditional where everyone will used hence a lesser probability that they might get sold.
nFn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #36
D24

AFC Committee

Thanks for all your feedback.

Seems like voucher is the way to go and some asked why not just give the voucher, instead of auctioning the fish, so here's my two cents worth...

It seems that vouchers win hands down. Some also asked why not give an outright voucher. Sure we can, but this will be a fixed amount. However, by auctioning the fish, there are several possible benefits to winners:
  • chance of fish fetching a price higher than the base price.
  • voucher are flexible - they can be used to buy a fish of choice.
It also help us "give back" a little to those who have kindly contributed to our event (you rub my back, I rub your back), as the voucher converted from the sale of the fish at the auction will be used in the contributor's farm/shop. Hopefully, with this arrangement, contributors will be more willing to provide better quality fishes as prizes...

Some also request that vouchers should be able to be used for products. This is ideal, but the contributor must be willing to do so (we will try of course), but do also be mindful that there may be contributors who only sell fishes.

Some said that winners can also sell their vouchers - we don't disgree that this will happen. In fact, this is one of the benefits of the voucher. It can be sold without insulting the breeder who contributed the fish. Here are just 2 examples of the benefits and flexibility of vouchers:
  • if someone already has an Aro, but would like to upgrade his tank, he can sell the voucher and use the money to upgrade his tank. At the end of the day, it is good for the hobby that hobbyists want to improve on what they have.
  • if someone prefers cash, he can also sell his vouchers (which is likely to be at a discount) to another hobbyist, thus also finally benefiting the hobbyist.
I hope hobbyists now understand why I advocate auctioning of fishes contributed as prizes.

D24