Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
globalcookie
Dragon

Default GE 2011 : News Regarding PAP

By Channel NewsAsia, Updated: 02/03/2011
Heng Chee How reveals upgrading plans for Whampoa

SINGAPORE : Residents of Whampoa can look forward to a new community club and riverside park.

MP for Jalan Besar GRC Heng Chee How announced a slew of plans for the precinct on Wednesday.

The upgraded community club, costing some $4.5 million, will house several facilities.

These include a Neighbourhood Police Post, Town Council service counter, and soundproof rooms for performing arts groups.

The Sungai Whampoa canal will also be transformed into a riverside park to serve as a recreational area for residents.

Mr Heng was speaking to reporters ahead of a ministerial visit to his ward by Law and Home Affairs Minister K Shanmugam on March 13.

Mr Heng is tipped to defend the new Whampoa constituency in the General Election.

"If the party were to fill me as a candidate here in Whampoa, I’d be most happy and honoured to take up the challenge and to continue to serve my residents," said Mr Heng, who is also Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office.

Mr Heng’s Whampoa constituency, where he has been MP since 2001, is now part of Jalan Besar GRC.

— CNA /ls
------------
This upgrading announcement is very 'timely'. Is it in the interest of the people, or GE motivated?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Redbean
Dragon

Always alot of plans coming up b4 Every GE, nothing new.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
therat
Arofanatic

every 4-5 yrs, standard pattern come out.

Nothing new.

Unless has birdnets rice
Old 03-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Someone from dunno what party said "For example, if there is a stall which sells chilli crabs, and it's well-known, no matter where the stall is located, people will flock to the stall to eat."

"So, if you have a good candidate and a good party, people will vote for that."

I'm thinking for poor people like me, I'm more concern about food that is cheap and can fill the family's stomach and not chilli crab. How to vote for ppl that think of luxury food instead of necessity food? These ppl will not understand the poor ppl and may mistaken that we need to eat chilli crab daily...
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
spikey69

it appears that the new PAP candidates will be announced this weekend

Last edited by spikey69; 03-03-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: ...

Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
Someone from dunno what party said "For example, if there is a stall which sells chilli crabs, and it's well-known, no matter where the stall is located, people will flock to the stall to eat."

Bro, which CC giving out FREE chilli crab tis coming GE?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
Robson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post

I'm thinking for poor people like me, I'm more concern about food that is cheap and can fill the family's stomach and not chilli crab. How to vote for ppl that think of luxury food instead of necessity food? These ppl will not understand the poor ppl and may mistaken that we need to eat chilli crab daily...
By his own admission, LKY has never been poor ... ...he is not a good leader? Given a chance, won't most people vote for him?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Guppies Onli
Dragon

I didn't vote for him, he is not in Tampines. How to define a good leader??? 100% good, 50% good, 50% not good? How to know will ppl vote for him???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
By his own admission, LKY has never been poor ... ...he is not a good leader? Given a chance, won't most people vote for him?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
af2373

buay sian meh.....time time when need to cast vote will hv upgrading n remaking....

Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by af2373 View Post
buay sian meh.....time time when need to cast vote will hv upgrading n remaking....
then how ??? do upgrading when there is no election ??? bo tai bo chee chey tai chee ??
Closed Thread