Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 03-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #91
rickyfan8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigil View Post
Oh wow nice collection you got there!!

My wife would be really afraid of your tank!

How big is your flower bicher?
haha..thanks..the flower bichir..long time din measured..last measured is 16inch only..now not sure..but guess max aso around 18inch only..will measured later..to update with you and myself
rickyfan8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #92
rickyfan8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Nice updates from u. Ur lapens has grown up nice. Much diffedent from when u first post them.

BTW is that ornate a platinum or it just dun have dark spots. Looks very nice to me. Any pics of ur endis too? Some of them stood out in the pics.
You are the one who remembered them since day 1 I posted..haha..some of them grow up but some of them like stunted..

The ornate is a normal ornate..just that the colour like wash out..the endis currently I dun have any latest photos of them..they are just some normal cb endis only..will take some photos on tomorrow and update at here

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
Hi bro rickyfan888...nice collections...I like your lapens...
Thanks bro
Old 03-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #93
Rigil
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyfan8888 View Post
haha..thanks..the flower bichir..long time din measured..last measured is 16inch only..now not sure..but guess max aso around 18inch only..will measured later..to update with you and myself
Hahaha thanks bro!

will really appreciate it

you keep for how long already? i always see small Flower Bicher leh havent seen a big one like endi easier to find
Rigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #94
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyfan8888 View Post
You are the one who remembered them since day 1 I posted..haha..some of them grow up but some of them like stunted..

The ornate is a normal ornate..just that the colour like wash out..the endis currently I dun have any latest photos of them..they are just some normal cb endis only..will take some photos on tomorrow and update at here
You are so far the only one who posted so many lapens. Seem like ur collection also increased a lot since. It's normal to see stunt bichirs if they are cb as hormones are used to breed them. On the other hand some of them will not get enough to eat that's why never grow big. I faced this problem of stunt fish also.

Interested to see the whitish endi and the washout ornate. Interest to see this as I can't find them here.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #95
rickyfan8888

Quote:
You are so far the only one who posted so many lapens. Seem like ur collection also increased a lot since. It's normal to see stunt bichirs if they are cb as hormones are used to breed them. On the other hand some of them will not get enough to eat that's why never grow big. I faced this problem of stunt fish also.

Interested to see the whitish endi and the washout ornate. Interest to see this as I can't find them here.
icic..agree with you on the reasons of why some of them are stunted. Another things is I feel that the growth rate drop when I change their diet to pellets only.

Will capture some photos and upload on tomorrow or saturday as today still not around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigil View Post
Hahaha thanks bro!

will really appreciate it

you keep for how long already? i always see small Flower Bicher leh havent seen a big one like endi easier to find
The flower bichir kept for 2 years only..ya..LFS normally sell cb juv..I only saw few times large ornate bichir for sale in LFS, not very often. I think will be easier to find it from hobbyist if you are looking for a larger size..
Old 06-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #96
arowana lover
Arofanatic

Just a question, I kenna poison by bichir that I bought from another hobbyist. I am going into the bichir community. How much would it cost to get a plat endi horn? Roughly around 2" plus.... Please advice.... Thank in advance.
arowana lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:43 AM   #97
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arowana lover View Post
Just a question, I kenna poison by bichir that I bought from another hobbyist. I am going into the bichir community. How much would it cost to get a plat endi horn? Roughly around 2" plus.... Please advice.... Thank in advance.
Bro, u better dun jump the gun yet. U just started and u want to play with such expensive bichir. Get use with ur current polypterus and learn more on how to keep them before u buy. It cost $500-$650 for a 2inch plus plat endi without defect. It would be cheaper if defects can bee seen.

You seem to be asking this question in a few forums I know. So what answers did u get?
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:49 AM   #98
arowana lover
Arofanatic

Quote:
Bro, u better dun jump the gun yet. U just started and u want to play with such expensive bichir. Get use with ur current polypterus and learn more on how to keep them before u buy. It cost $500-$650 for a 2inch plus plat endi without defect. It would be cheaper if defects can bee seen.

You seem to be asking this question in a few forums I know. So what answers did u get?
Same as you said... I will take up these advices, start with those normal ones 1st.... Thanks for answering my doubts....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
arowana lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #99
Epon
Arofanatic

nowadays, can get from indo direct, u chose, they deliver to sgp. U happy. U pay.

These guys sell to local lfs. Lfs or local guys take a margin and sell to us.

Few lfs ever offer me plat endi.. and i found the Indo supplier ..

All of them send me same pic and videos
Epon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #100
Rigil
Dragon

Waaa share info Leh!

Anyway now I got 3 endi new added one to the comm! The brightest one !

[IMG][/IMG]
Rigil is offline   Reply With Quote