Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 14-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #61
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Seriously I thought long and hard before I even posted.
Past experience when people talk about politics, any support to PAP will be faced with negative emotions.

And den... SERIOUSLY la.. lookin at my area's opposition.. NB.... reason quite clear lor.
punggol east ? or pasir ris-punggol

hey we can't second guess ur area, gal
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #62
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post

- Recent raise in pay for teachers.

arhhhh so desu ka ..... i see why the teacher says so now
Old 14-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #63
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
punggol east ? or pasir ris-punggol

hey we can't second guess ur area, gal
Pasir Ris-Punggol.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #64
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
whoever the team that designed pioneer generation package should all be given double promotion. i think that has significant impact on GE outcome but seriously it has helped many families.

there are still a big group of pre-65 elderly. the pgp not only helped them but also their family members, children taking care of them. the pgp defray 50% of medial bill is a bg thing.
Personally, 5 years too late.
But better late den never. The coverage is not much, but better den none.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #65
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Pasir Ris-Punggol.
i see .... SDA Desmond Lim ? I wouldn't have voted for him too, same goes for Roy Ngerng and co
Old 14-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #66
vincent2982
Dragon

i vote opp
1- I dun believe in dominance of power in gov, as u see in Aljunied issue, many policy by WP cannot run cos all those PA, CCC reject their proposal, n ppl head this department, all is appointed by gov, end up, they go against the WP making things hard to move for them. It already control many gov & stat board , how do u ensure when highest authority corrupt will not spread to other official? Look at Malaysia, i dun have to emphasize more

2- Opp like SDP does have policy, although not very perfect, but better den our own asset fully lock by gov, CPF, HDB 60% land price..this HDB 60% make no sense. I have no issue with private, but HDB is crazy

3- I see more n more old ppl on the street, now have to fight with FT even on garang guni & tissue paper!!

4- Balance of power. I du not noe y ppl so fear of Opp win. Even if WP & SDP win all. They are not enough to form a gov. PAP still got majority

5- Unreasonable increase of certain price just to cover what they give out (Carrot theory). increasing the burden of middle class.

6- Many policy is not fair to single mother or single parent (regardless of ur reason)

7- No proper category for foreign worker, end up those tat nd foreign worker where many Singaporean dun wan to do, can't get worker...many business close down or lead to increase of cost to SME. You cannot 1 bamboo sink the whole ship. Some line in SG can tighten while some line need to be losen. U can't expect Singaporean to be construction worker, toilet cleaner, work in fact & say singaporean wan to chose job!! Given the pay of all this, long working hour, how to survive & still talk abt make more bb & talk about family bonding!!

Still got many.
vincent2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 10:19 AM   #67
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Every 5yrs I hope the Workers will come to Tampines but never. Tampines is SO BIG, that usually the West side gets better treatment than the East (the bus services serve them first before the East).

Even in the East, my area St.32 always neglected compare to the little horse area, the area under Changkat Changi. Last time my area under Rambutan no need to say but still see him twice during house visit every 5yrs and saw him in the pickup thanking the residents. Those who stay in my area will understand better. You will see the constrast just across the 2 streets.

Now change to this young lady, before polling date nvr come claim she came. After election, dun even bother to thank the residents...

So what else can the residents here do? Wait another 5 long years. Workers pls come.
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #68
vincent2982
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
Every 5yrs I hope the Workers will come to Tampines but never. Tampines is SO BIG, that usually the West side gets better treatment than the East (the bus services serve them first before the East).

Even in the East, my area St.32 always neglected compare to the little horse area, the area under Changkat Changi. Last time my area under Rambutan no need to say but still see him twice during house visit every 5yrs and saw him in the pickup thanking the residents. Those who stay in my area will understand better. You will see the constrast just across the 2 streets.

Now change to this young lady, before polling date nvr come claim she came. After election, dun even bother to thank the residents...

So what else can the residents here do? Wait another 5 long years. Workers pls come.
Wat makes u think they come can chg anything? U see aljunied, many ppl say things not done, 5 year like see nothing on upgrade etc? We noe why

One of the reason PAP win cos ppl only care abt their own TC. So is up to ppl to bend their knees or not to in order to punish PAP that we are the boss. But many chose to bend knees. they wan upgrade, new lift, cover walkways, buses.
Old 14-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #69
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent2982 View Post
Wat makes u think they come can chg anything? U see aljunied, many ppl say things not done, 5 year like see nothing on upgrade etc? We noe why

One of the reason PAP win cos ppl only care abt their own TC. So is up to ppl to bend their knees or not to in order to punish PAP that we are the boss. But many chose to bend knees. they wan upgrade, new lift, cover walkways, buses.
I dun expect much or any changes but at least got to see them and question them. Pay and pay and dun even got chance to suan them.
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #70
vincent2982
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
We are being labelled as a hopeless bunch just because we choose a different party.
Whatever reasons/views this hopeless bunch voices, do you think will be accepted ?
We have the same dream of getting/making a better government just as you.
The only different is that we have different views and believes in the party.
Honestly we respect your decision if you are choosing the opp but it seems that we are never been treated the same way in return.
Ever ask why is that so? Is it because to you, we don't deserve to be respected as long as we choose to be white?

I choose PAP because

A. whenever I look at our surrounding countries, I feel proud to be a Singaporean.
I am glad that despite all challenges along the way, we make it this far and we celebrated SG50 under PAP, not the Opp. S
o I will like to give them another 5 years to serve us.

B. I feel that current PAP under LHL, unlike his dad LKY, he knows he needs to change and he is willing to change.
He needs to listen to his people and he heard our voices.
I see the changes he had made and I believe he will continue to make changes to his existing policy for the things that dont turn up as expected.
I rather him to change to adapt to the situations than questioning why he keeps changing his policies, if there is a need.

C. Most of my friends around me are living a comfortable life. Most of us have a hard time during our youth.
But as long as we work hard, most of us make it through.
Only the 1 or 2 that kept borrowing around, they are having a wrong attitude to life and work. Who to blame?

I have voiced out my reasons for choosing PAP, but could be a hopeless one in your view. Just no bashing if is so
I hope u can forever b lucky. I am one of the unlucky 1 tat could not get help when i need, den i see all the negative side of their policy. I will nv support them again. And if you been on the ground like doing some helping ppl work, u will noe Zheng hu is jiak sai 1 !