Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
hallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM09 View Post
what a pity!
For the blue ones, I have 4 from 13"-7" and it seems that there is two different kind among them, so let's check the f-difference with pics:

The colouration of this biggest one is darker and a little bit greyish; not as shine as the other 3.

Any idea what kind they are? Thanks!

hmmm may be... that's your tor tambroides with blue varian.... i think... cause some tor tambroides and tor tambra have some blue colouration....

Old 08-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon

Outstanding....very nice kelahs....IMO..any Kelahs that are huge looks darn nice!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #13
CM09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallo View Post
i have been looked from web mahseer, the picture i have took for comparison.

Hm... there two type thai mahseer. One called H. Straceyi And Tor tambroides.

H. straceyi refer to blue thai mahseer i think. And The tor tambroides refer to Thai mahseer and sometimes tor tambroides have blue shines scale.

This tor tambroides.... from other web article

And other one is H.straceyi/ thai blue mahseer
The body caracteristic almost similiar with tor tambroides on picture above. But have different on their snout where the tor tambroides. And on tor tambroides varian blue have more dulled colouration than blue thai mahseer..... like amazon says.

So i think back again. for my opinion = That tor tambroides have two varian type ( red colouration and yellow-blue colouration ) And H.straceyi always blue thai ?

Please correct me if iam wrong...... cause still confusing of it.
Oops! You make me more confuse, bro!
Never heard there's a blue variant tam exists, and if it does then the tam in Thai is blue while the tam in Malay is red, but they have different shape of snout, how can they be the same species? I don't think your pic from another web is truly a tam.

Here's my tam from Pahang, Malaysia. It's now about 12"+

Old 09-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #14
CM09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occellatus View Post
Outstanding....very nice kelahs....IMO..any Kelahs that are huge looks darn nice!
Thanks for your comment, bro.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #15
iinkeren

Quote:
hmmm may be... that's your tor tambroides with blue varian.... i think... cause some tor tambroides and tor tambra have some blue colouration....

Kon, I think there is no blue variant of tor tombroides, CMIIW. The blue mahseer should be thai blue (Neolissochilus Stracheyi) and Tor Soro

Old 10-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #16
hallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM09 View Post
Oops! You make me more confuse, bro!
Never heard there's a blue variant tam exists, and if it does then the tam in Thai is blue while the tam in Malay is red, but they have different shape of snout, how can they be the same species? I don't think your pic from another web is truly a tam.

Here's my tam from Pahang, Malaysia. It's now about 12"+

MG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/caveman_album_2007/new4253.jpg[/IMG]

[G]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/caveman_album_2007/new4258.jpg[/IMG]
As far as i know tor tambroides just refers to malaysian kelah Like yours picture.

And when while iam browsing searching thai mahseer i found that profil+picture so ... that's make me confused to so i need some share here.
From web blog say that tor tambroides profil, with pic like blue thai mahseer on it ( or my eyes can be wrong, seeing in different angle view ) . Try search google to... key word Thai mahseer tor tambroides....

you can found that picture.. there some profil with picture where like blue thai.
can i upload picture from another web ? i am affraid to share it here. Cause iam worried if i make mistake break the rules in this forum ? so I asked first.... hehehehehe

By the way.. your red mahseer tamboides is really nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinkeren View Post
I think there is no blue variant of tor tombroides, CMIIW. The blue mahseer should be thai blue (Neolissochilus Stracheyi) and Tor Soro
hmm.... yeah i agreed with you...

just want to share and to make sure it. So confused here

Last edited by hallo; 10-07-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:31 AM   #17
chedra

Thailand's regular Mahseer [kelah] of northern Thailand down to Kra region has blue fins when getting big. In most scientific literature this kelah is referred to as Tor tambroides, but it is probably not the same fish as red "Tor tambroides" of Malay peninsula and Borneo. The pic is from the web.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tor-tambroides.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	260790  

Old 10-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #18
chedra

The so-called blue kelah [Neolissocheilus stracheyi from Thailand is actually related to tengah.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 AM   #19
chedra

Quote:

This tor tambroides.... from other web article

This one is Neolissocheilus stracheyi judging from its face.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #20
hallo

so finaly my conclusions is = hahaha....

"What ever the fish spesies ( mahseer specialy), if you like it so well keep it and treated well"

Closed Thread