Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #11
_kai_
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG0623 View Post
Currently 2 feet, will upgrade in 5 months time... current size abt 7 inches.
kekeke
Those videos, it may be cruel, but sometimes think of it, it may also be due to availability of feeders. Overseas, may need to drive for hours to get to an aquarium and doesn't mean you can get feeders. Maybe thats why some ppl choose feeders from nearby pet shop.
I always try to avoid live feeds infact.
hopefully within a week, this joker will take krills or sinking pellets.

I call it joker because even though i covered the tank, at 5pm+ today, discovered the fish not in tank. search ard and luckily found it, and quickly put it back. The body quite dry liao. heehee. Dunno how the hell it shoot out.
Yes you have a point on the feeders. Maybe other countries also have different feeders. These guys can grow to a quite a huge size. I was thinking of getting one for my 3 footer but he will outgrow it. What cover do u use? U can put some heavy objects on top to press it down, preventing him rom jumping out. Last time my pulchra jumped out from my tank than my bro put him in the sink as i was not at home and when i came back, he was in the dustbin. Fortunately he is alive and well, now he is with another onwer haha.
_kai_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #12
LG0623

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kai_ View Post
Yes you have a point on the feeders. Maybe other countries also have different feeders. These guys can grow to a quite a huge size. I was thinking of getting one for my 3 footer but he will outgrow it. What cover do u use? U can put some heavy objects on top to press it down, preventing him rom jumping out. Last time my pulchra jumped out from my tank than my bro put him in the sink as i was not at home and when i came back, he was in the dustbin. Fortunately he is alive and well, now he is with another onwer haha.
3 footer ok, get medium species, those max out lesser than 20". Sometimes in tank, the fish may not max out to its max size even when given space to swim.

I used the plastic type, with the light stacking on it. Last nite bought heavy BBQ mesh liao.... kekeke

BTW, I wonder any bros here feed their medium size species Channa with pellets?

This fellow in the LFS was fed with crickets all the while... wana change it I think very hard.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
_kai_
Dragon

I tried to change my snakehead's diet...Failed miserably lol. He only takes mp and bw and wheneever i feed pellets other fishes will snatch fisrt. But some have done it before..
Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
LG0623

How long was the max u starved it for?

I guessed mine will be a long long way.... cos today came home discovered it had been jumping and knocking on the cover until now the mouth is bleeding and flesh disfigured..... sianz....
Old 05-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #15
_kai_
Dragon

starved for a few weeks and couldnt see it not skinny..heartbreak lah...
Ur snakehead bleeding? I wouldnt worry if i were u, my snakehead fight with each other and the fin all broken and a little bit of blood and the next day everything heal and all peace together...dam funny
Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
LG0623

Quote:
starved for a few weeks and couldnt see it not skinny..heartbreak lah...
Ur snakehead bleeding? I wouldnt worry if i were u, my snakehead fight with each other and the fin all broken and a little bit of blood and the next day everything heal and all peace together...dam funny
I'm worried cos small amt of flesh got caught on the mexh. Damn it..... now the fwound quite bad....
very sianz... sighz......
Old 05-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #17
_kai_
Dragon

Mexh? u mean mesh? U covered the tank with mesh and his meat stuck on it? Sounds bad...Next time dont cover with mesh. Cover with a piece of flat material like glass panel, mesh is like criss cross netting, it will scrape the meat if the material is hard enough like wire mesh.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #18
LG0623

Quote:
Mexh? u mean mesh? U covered the tank with mesh and his meat stuck on it? Sounds bad...Next time dont cover with mesh. Cover with a piece of flat material like glass panel, mesh is like criss cross netting, it will scrape the meat if the material is hard enough like wire mesh.
Mesh i meant.
ya, dats exactly what happened.
it scrapped the flesh on its lips. Anyway, that fellow fasting, die die dun wana eat, think of it, if I dun give it the crickets, I wonder how the wound gona heal.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #19
_kai_
Dragon

Looks like u gotta feed him until he heals up nicely than pellet trAin him again. Good luck
Old 05-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #20
LG0623

Quote:
Looks like u gotta feed him until he heals up nicely than pellet trAin him again. Good luck
Ya, bought crickets for it. 1 shot ate 4.
Wait until it heals the I will start pellet training again.
Thanks.