Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 13-01-2015, 03:58 AM   #231
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats View Post
Thanks bro for the information...no chance to keep these fishes as they will soon outgrow my 422 tank set up...

very nice fishes though...look very peaceful and majestic as they swim in a school...also big eaters I guess...all pui pui

You can keep...but maybe need to upgrade tank after they grow to 1/3 of your tank's length...

Hi all fellow kelah fans...Long time no update...

Here are my kelahs / mahseers:
("Snowflakes" from my first attempt at making gelled blended food...need to blend finer...)
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Need help ID this kelah with colorless fins too...thanks.. (26s into the vid)
muser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #232
Rats
Arofanatic

Wow nice...

No chance to keep as I only have space for a 422 set up and also can't afford more TLC time to the fishes...so better not start something that I am unable to take good care of

Hence, I will stick to just admiring others' aquariums....
Rats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #233
Censis
Dragon

Hi guys, interested in keeping a mahseer, they look awesome! But have totally no experience with them at all..
2 fast questions is are they able to comm with monsterfish?
What's their main diet?
Censis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #234
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Censis View Post
Hi guys, interested in keeping a mahseer, they look awesome! But have totally no experience with them at all..
2 fast questions is are they able to comm with monsterfish?
What's their main diet?
They are quite gentle as far as I know, so best to get a few or larger ones as they will be getting a beating from any monster fish...

Diet-wise mine are not choosy, they eat pellets, bananas, veggies, basically any fish food I guess...

Happy mahseer keeping!
Old 17-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #235
Gordy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by muser View Post
You can keep...but maybe need to upgrade tank after they grow to 1/3 of your tank's length...

Hi all fellow kelah fans...Long time no update...

Here are my kelahs / mahseers:
("Snowflakes" from my first attempt at making gelled blended food...need to blend finer...)
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

hi bro can i check with you the biggest kelah with blue fin in your video is it the thai blue mahseer?
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 02:20 AM   #236
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
hi bro can i check with you the biggest kelah with blue fin in your video is it the thai blue mahseer?
Yes, for the two biggest mahseers you see in my tank, I got it from Seaview quite some time ago, and the description written in marker on the tank was "Blue Mahseer" in Chinese, so it most likely it's a Thai blue?

But if you're referring with the light/bright blue smaller mahseer with a black line horizontally across its body, it may be another species.

Actually they all look pretty similar to me, esp. in a black background...can't remember all those scientific names
Old 18-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #237
Gordy
Dragon

Quote:
Yes, for the two biggest mahseers you see in my tank, I got it from Seaview quite some time ago, and the description written in marker on the tank was "Blue Mahseer" in Chinese, so it most likely it's a Thai blue?

But if you're referring with the light/bright blue smaller mahseer with a black line horizontally across its body, it may be another species.

Actually they all look pretty similar to me, esp. in a black background...can't remember all those scientific names
Hi bro, the reason i asked is because i have the same fish as yours too. I am curious to is it mahseer or tengah? like mentioned in this thread few pages back. Where i bought it from listed it as Thai Blue Mahseer.

YouTube Video
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #238
Censis
Dragon

Quote:
They are quite gentle as far as I know, so best to get a few or larger ones as they will be getting a beating from any monster fish...

Diet-wise mine are not choosy, they eat pellets, bananas, veggies, basically any fish food I guess...

Happy mahseer keeping!
Thanks for the info! Am I able to keep one single pcs? Doubt I'll have the space for a group of them.
Censis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 02:09 AM   #239
benang

Quote:
Hi bro, the reason i asked is because i have the same fish as yours too. I am curious to is it mahseer or tengah? like mentioned in this thread few pages back. Where i bought it from listed it as Thai Blue Mahseer.
looks like Neolissochellus stracheyi, thai blue mahseer. can tell by the blue tinges on the fin and the horizontal line across. they're abit taller than the ones i have though, so may be from different locality?
benang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #240
bro*1043
Dragon

Quote:
Hi bro, the reason i asked is because i have the same fish as yours too.
Yup, it's a blue masheer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Censis View Post
Thanks for the info! Am I able to keep one single pcs? Doubt I'll have the space for a group of them.
Sure, why not. They are able to comm with monsters but get a bigger size specimen if your monsters are on the big side.
bro*1043 is offline   Reply With Quote