Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

Old 12-10-2003, 10:36 PM   #71
jango

Quote:
Originally posted by 2100
You lens will make the picture, not the body. A 300D with a good lens will be better than 10D with a so-so lens, definitely.
The 300D EF-S kit lens produces excellent image quality.

Here's a crop of some shots at 100%. No post-processing done at all.

Old 13-10-2003, 01:04 AM   #72
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by jango
The 300D EF-S kit lens produces excellent image quality.

Here's a crop of some shots at 100%. No post-processing done at all.

Very nice indeed. Buying very soon, just waiting for confirmation of prices. Alot of places I heard are bringing in. I hope the prices still drop alittle before I buy. I always very unlucky, after I buy any product, that product goes on sales. Not sure if this will happen again.
Old 13-10-2003, 10:02 PM   #73
Texxxster

Quote:
Originally posted by aardwolf
Very nice indeed. Buying very soon, just waiting for confirmation of prices. Alot of places I heard are bringing in. I hope the prices still drop alittle before I buy. I always very unlucky, after I buy any product, that product goes on sales. Not sure if this will happen again.

Very unlikely for the next 9 months to a year. Canon product lifecycle is about there. If you gauge the D30 to D60 to 10D, the interval was an average of 18 or less months. Just buy and make full use of your gear. The kit lens of the 300D is very good at macros. Pbase.com has tons of great shots. The only thing I don't really like about the 300d is the finishing off the camera. If you have sweaty palms, the silver coat may wear off. Also when you grasp the camera real tight, the plastic joints creak. But overall its a feature packed low cost 10d. Good buy!
Old 13-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #74
aardwolf

Bro 2100, Pls take a look at this
http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....9?aucview=0x13
Old 13-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #75
aardwolf

Bro 2100, Pls take a look at this
http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....9?aucview=0x13
Old 13-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #76

2060 is pretty expensive. 2.5k can get a new one already. dSLR is not like small sensor cams, dust can get onto the sensor after heavy use. Just don't like 2nd hand dSLRs unless it's really cheap.
Old 13-10-2003, 10:51 PM   #77
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by 2100
2060 is pretty expensive. 2.5k can get a new one already. dSLR is not like small sensor cams, dust can get onto the sensor after heavy use. Just don't like 2nd hand dSLRs unless it's really cheap.
Bro, check ur pm. Thanks
Old 14-10-2003, 03:45 AM   #78
aardwolf

Do I really need to get a electronic dry cabinet or can I live the chemical dry box??? What's the difference really?
I mean don't they serve the same purpose? Or is it better to use a electronic one as it is safer to use or something.
Old 14-10-2003, 02:42 PM   #79

Chemical (silica gel) sorts of got the potential of sucking out a lot of moisture. My friend complained of shutter sticking when the going gets too dry, must wait for a minute or two before it starts working. Electronic dry box can just set the humidity. Also silical get need to put into microwave to drive off the pinked silica gel lar, leh che. Else just get any airtight plastic box like those Toyogo or Lock & Lock stuff from Carrefour and dump in 500g silica gel can liao.
Old 23-10-2003, 03:41 PM   #80
aardwolf

BRo 2100
Look at this http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....0?aucview=0x23