Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 14-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #11
Macro88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin1987 View Post
Hi Macro88, are you from SG? I am a mac keeper as well, i will be going to aquarama on saturday, not too sure if there is any wilds on display, but will go and take a look. On a side note, can you keep different batch of fries from different parents together? About a week difference in terms of release date.
Hi sir, I'm from Brunei and will be heading over to Singapore for some reasons n will take the opportunity to dropby Aquarama..

With regards to ur question, it's really hard to answer on it.
There's no answer to it unless u try it urself..

let put it in a human concept, some children from another parent come n mix with ur children in school..some immediately just mesh well together n be friends and some just dont mix well n fight with each other..so which is which is depending on ur macs..i hope this example might work or maybe i'll need to work something out for u to understand hahaha
Macro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #12
Edwin1987

Hahaha yea.. i tried.. if there is no casualty tmr, i will add more in!! Wow coming from brunei!!
Edwin1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #13
STC4Ever
Arofanatic

keeping different batches of fries together should be ok but need to take note, they are still betta family and fighting will happen. need to provide many hiding spots and plants. =)
STC4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #14
KSN

Edwin, i recently put 6 adult F1 captive bred from 3 different batches in 2 ft tank...they are still adjusting after establishing their pegging order. Some torn fins, bokot scales etc.
Now each one has its own territory including one in plastic cookie jar that I intentionally placed at the bottom of the tank. (Sorry my PrataTalk don't let me post pic.)
So I believe we can mix the fry, as long as you have enough space and hiding spaces.

So far I have not lost fish when mixing them or pairing them; I lost a few "jumping"out of the tanks somehow and they develop secondary infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #15
Edwin1987

I only intend to put the batches of around the same "age" together because of their size. Am running out of space therefore have to do this. Just stripped my male of his 15 days fries just now. Another week to think of alternatives! Also getting another male at the end of the month for my lone female whom lost her husband due to long holding, got weakened and died. May really have to get a new tank set up.
Old 15-05-2015, 07:10 PM   #16
STC4Ever
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin1987 View Post
I only intend to put the batches of around the same "age" together because of their size. Am running out of space therefore have to do this. Just stripped my male of his 15 days fries just now. Another week to think of alternatives! Also getting another male at the end of the month for my lone female whom lost her husband due to long holding, got weakened and died. May really have to get a new tank set up.
nice. looks like we have a lot of macrostomac keeps in Singapore .

care to share your setup?
Old 15-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #17
Edwin1987

Both my tanks are bare tanks.. driftwoods with java moss, ketapang leaves.. pipes for them to hide(intended) , but mine just likes to hang on top.. ph and all i dont test anymore and of course.. cool water!!
Old 15-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #18
Macro88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSN View Post
Edwin, i recently put 6 adult F1 captive bred from 3 different batches in 2 ft tank...they are still adjusting after establishing their pegging order. Some torn fins, bokot scales etc.
Now each one has its own territory including one in plastic cookie jar that I intentionally placed at the bottom of the tank. (Sorry my PrataTalk don't let me post pic.)
So I believe we can mix the fry, as long as you have enough space and hiding spaces.

So far I have not lost fish when mixing them or pairing them; I lost a few "jumping"out of the tanks somehow and they develop secondary infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC4Ever View Post
keeping different batches of fries together should be ok but need to take note, they are still betta family and fighting will happen. need to provide many hiding spots and plants. =)
very nice info on that!!spot on i guess!!
Macro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #19
Edwin1987

@macro88, i thought u are not supposed to keep macs in brunei?? Correct me if i am wrong..
Old 17-05-2015, 10:49 PM   #20
STC4Ever
Arofanatic

I think before law is passed should be ok