Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum

Old 01-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
blondmyth
Dragon

Default My L191

Bought a 6 inch L191. Initially it wasn't doing so well when I put it together with my turtle in my 4 foot fgt with new dw. eyes and stomach badly sunken in after close to a week. Didn't eat whatever I threw into the tank. Transferred it to my community tank where I could better observe it and after one day I realised the stomach was less sunken in. A couple days later eyes returned to normal position and stomach wasn't sunken anymore. All this time it was just feeding off the algae in the tank and the dw. I know it's been eating because it has started pooing a lot of brown poo. It still doesn't really show much interest in whatever food I'm giving it. Tried potato with garlic, cucumber, carrot, hikari lionhead pellets, hikari algae wafers. Also tried nls and fbw when it was in the fgt. Can I assume that it's getting enough to eat based on it's eyes and stomach and the poo produced, even though it's not eating whatever I'm feeding it now? That said, will still continue to try to get it to feed now that it's more stable in my tank.
blondmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
Young Man
Senior Dragon

i think as long as it is active and hiding, no sunken eyes and belly and you see poo from it. it should be fine. most prob it is feeding while you are not watching. slowly it will learn to feed on the pellets you give
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
blondmyth
Dragon

But for the past few days I've not been feeding it anything since I've seen that it's eyes and stomach are not sunken. so it must only be eating dw and tank algae. Is this enough to sustain him? From a diet of dw and tank algae alone, it's sunken stomach and eyes both reverted to normal.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #4
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondmyth View Post
But for the past few days I've not been feeding it anything since I've seen that it's eyes and stomach are not sunken. so it must only be eating dw and tank algae. Is this enough to sustain him? From a diet of dw and tank algae alone, it's sunken stomach and eyes both reverted to normal.
good that it recovered but also good to add on and supplement it's diet with pellets.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:12 AM   #5
blondmyth
Dragon

Will continue trying to feed pellets. Thanks
Old 03-01-2016, 01:39 AM   #6
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondmyth View Post
Will continue trying to feed pellets. Thanks
another thing to note may be your temperature. dont let it drop too low.