Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 05-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #21
Newtank

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993 View Post
I think no need so accurate go for digital w/precision 0.1 or 0.01.
If you worry marking error, go to jalan besar opposite holan building (ocbc) there is a shop selling medical equipment, buy a big scale analogue one think costs you about $10 sure accurate.

Ha ....this is a good suggestion, those medical grade ones sure accurate
Old 05-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #22
xiaoyuer86
Dragon

how abt those type tt came together with the glass cleaner? Is it accurate?
xiaoyuer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #23
Limsteel
Arofanatic

got glass cleaner with digital reading... Reading is totally out... even when there is 1 decimal place... reading is always XX.0 don't know whether is it mine faulty or it is like that.
Limsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #24
el993

I saw somewhere in china forum mention those digital one can be calibrated. Read and done once so my rainbow digital is tally with my big analogue but now forgotten how to do it exactly I remember opened the casing use a small screw driver tune the VR according to alcohol reading.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #25
kuants

MERCURY POISONING

i rmb last time when i small i read in some encyclopedia about biological accumulation, the classic case would be the fish we eat. In some country mercury poisoning by eating fish is not uncommon. It may not be absorbed easily in intestinal tracts of humans and animals due to its chemical property but it can get accumulated throughout the food chain and gets to a concentration that is dangerously high. Although the symptoms may take many years to surface the result could be devastating including loss of Fertility and brain damage. That's y with so serious potential damage, trace amount I oso hum to touch.

So maybe in aquaria, various microorganism absorb mercury followed by feeders who eat them and den followed by ur fish which yum the feeders and these may result in bad consequences.

Ok I found this for those interessted, one large mercury poisoning incident when people eat fish:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamata_disease
Old 28-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #26
el993

Bought a pinpoint wireless thermometer, it is pretty accurate almost identical to my big analogue one.

Old 20-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #27
vandecruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993 View Post
Bought a pinpoint wireless thermometer, it is pretty accurate almost identical to my big analogue one.

Bro care to share how much does this pin point thermometer cost and which LFS u purchase from thank,I would want to get a one for myself too