Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 16-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #31
Aqua Kulture

Its a light controller, allows you to turn on and off in 1sec increments, you can hook anything into it. The more i look at the circuit diagram and the picture you have of it set up on the breadboard. the less i can make out. i get the idea. i am just not making sense of all the pieces. Very unsure about what a lot of the pieces are to be honest. i can do wiring, carpentry, build computers, but this is a little beyond me, atleast it appears this way right now. I am usually able to break things down pretty simply. if you could fill me in on all the parts i would need,i can go pick all of them up today and maybe make more sense out of this.

http://www.djdepot.com/chauvet-sf400...ler-p-485.html
thats another link to it, not sure if ebay is giving you the correct thing
Old 16-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #32
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

You can print out the circuit diagram and show it to your local electronic store. Its nothing fancy, just some common resistors and capacitors.

The light controller will not work as you cannot fine tune the frequency. In order to get the waves moving, you need to have a sensitive dial for fine tuning.

Even with the DIY controller, you will still need to play around to hit the correct frequency. This DIY controller is plugged into the blue tunze driver box, it uses power from the driver box and provides a signal to turn the stream on/off.

Look at the 7091 controller, you will need to buy 1 of those plugs (DIN5) to connect the controller to the driver box
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #33
Aqua Kulture

So it would not just be the controllable stream and the DIY controller? I would also need the blue driver box? I am not understanding what all is connected now. If i can do this for half the cost of an actual wave box it would be worth it. if i get w/ in 100$ or so of it, i may just buy one.
Old 17-01-2007, 07:30 AM   #34
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Kulture View Post
So it would not just be the controllable stream and the DIY controller? I would also need the blue driver box? I am not understanding what all is connected now. If i can do this for half the cost of an actual wave box it would be worth it. if i get w/ in 100$ or so of it, i may just buy one.
The blue driver box and the transformer comes with the the stream itself in a standard package.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #35
dinki

What a cool project! Unfortunately the schematic image isn't showing up. Any chance someone could repost it??
Old 16-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #36
PlanetAquaria

Default RE: IC Parts Checklist

Hi Barracuda,

Great plans by the way. The only thing is, I'm confused on what parts I need. Could you kindly list out all the resisters, capacitors, etc... that you used for the controller?

thank you.
JV