Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 22-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #41
Aris
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Reading all these incentives make me sick. Not that I am against it.

I hv two boys, eldest one 21 yrs old. We wanted a girl, if possible. And so was willing to try. And then ??? There were DISINCENTIVE for us to try for another one.

No hospital subsidy. Pay Full Rate.
No schooling priority, as in elder child in same school. Etc etc

And then now they say not enough children to replace us. And so they import foreigners to make up those numbers.

WTF ......

" And so. Is there a change in the direction of the ministry ? Was the direction wrong ? "

" Oh no. There was nothing wrong and not a change in direction. Let's call it a RETHINK "

KHKL ...... bloody talk cock
More foreigners will make Singapore their home as they too will enjoy the same baby bonus if their kids are Singaporeans. Why not if there is this pull factor?

Singaporeans think the government is offering this to encourage more babies. Actually it is killing 2 birds as the government also need to attract new citizens to reach their 7 million pop target.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #42
aromatix
Dragon

it's the carrot and stick method la...

baby n family incentives is the carrot; opening the floodgates to foreigners is the stick
aromatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #43
striker78
Dragon

I think this incentive of Dollars and cents is going to BACK_FIRE on the citizenz ..

I dont think i will have the chance to enjoy any of the benefit offered, but if the Objective is to entice SP to give birth to more kids so that social welfare is protected for the future.

Why dont they just tell the SP citizen, your task is to give birth to kids (for all SP that get married):-

1) All Medical expenses for the child WILL BE BORNE by the GGmt (less private hospital) upto the aged of 17 years old ....
2) Child-care is 75% Subsidised for SP kids (irregularless of finincial status of parents) ...
3) All SP kids enjoy full subsidised education (maybe upto Uni level) ....
4) Priorities Housing for married and with young kids ..

Just keep the policy simple bah...

striker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #44
dzylim
Arofanatic

and they will increase hospital bills, tax on cars, housing, childcare, school fees. so no matter what they give u now they will take back in 10 folds.

my main concern now about raising a child is the cost. a few Ks will not make much difference, at the most i don have to struggle a few months. but after that i have to struggle for years to give my children the best i can afford. already now i think of their education i headache liao.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #45
xersion
Dragon

talking about Childcare

i can't even enroll my daughter into a new PCF childcare which is currently constructing beside my block.. Was told that it was fully enroll at least 6 months before it decide to construct..
xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #46
xersion
Dragon

Civil Servents already can enjoy the new benefits from 1st Jan 2012

SINGAPORE - Male civil servants who have children born here from January 1, 2013, will get one week's paternity leave instead of the previous 3 days, the Public Service Division (PSD) announced today.

Eligible officers will be able to claim this leave within 12 months from the time the child was born.

In addition, the officer can also share one week of his wife's maternity leave, if she qualifies for Government-Paid Maternity Leave and agrees to this arrangement.

Parents with primary school going children between 7 to 12 years of age will have 2 days' childcare leave.

More details on the changes are in the full press release below:

Paternity, parental and child care leave enhancements for civil servants to take effect from January 1, 2013

In line with the enhanced Marriage & Parenthood package announcement by the National Population and Talent Division (NPTD) today, the Civil Service, with a workforce of 77,000, will be implementing paternity, shared parental and child care leave enhancements.

These measures, aimed at helping civil servants balance work and family commitments, are effective from January 1, 2013, ahead of the Marriage & Parenthood Package leave enhancements which will come into effect on May 1, 2013.

Mr Han Neng Hsiu, Senior Director, Rewards and Recognition, Public Service Division, Prime Minister's Office, said: "We recognise that working parents need more support to manage their work and family responsibilities. The Civil Service's early implementation of the initiatives from January 1, 2013 reflects our commitment to helping officers achieve better work-life harmony."

Paternity Leave and Shared Parental Leave
The Civil Service recognises the significance of a father's role in raising children and will make changes to paternity leave and introduce shared parental leave. Male civil servants with a Singapore Citizen child born on or after January 1, 2013 will see enhanced leave benefits.

Paternity leave will be increased from the current allocation of three days to one week. Eligible officers can take their paternity leave, either as a block or flexibly, within 12 months from the birth of the child.

An officer will also be given the option to share one week of his wife's maternity leave, if she qualifies for the Government-Paid Maternity Leave and agrees to this arrangement.

Childcare Leave

Parents with primary school going children will also be helped.

From January 1, 2013, parents with children between 7 and 12 years of age will have two days of childcare leave per year to tend to their children's needs. Parents with at least one child below 7 years of age will continue to have six days of child care leave.

Adoption Leave

Female civil servants are currently eligible for four weeks of paid adoption leave. This is already in line with the national move to make adoption leave a statutory entitlement under the enhanced Marriage & Parenthood Package.

http://business.asiaone.com/A1Busine...21-396783.html
Old 22-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #47
byfun
Arofanatic

Freebies don't come free in Spore. Just been informed that KK clinic for children just increased 30% consultation fee.

Used to be $70 those who made appointment. Now up till $102.
Walk in used to be $100 now up till $134.

So "pro" babies policy where to find ... up 30% straight. This is price for Sporeans. I dunno about foreigners or PR pricing.
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #48
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfun View Post
Freebies don't come free in Spore. Just been informed that KK clinic for children just increased 30% consultation fee.

So "pro" babies policy where to find ... up 30% straight. This is price for Sporeans. I dunno about foreigners or PR pricing.
wtf... 5 years ago i would not have even dare think of bringing my child into KK liao, now my younger son gt slight asthma attack already went there twice in the middle of the nite. now increase price then there goes the CDA account liao lor.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #49
byfun
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzylim View Post
wtf... 5 years ago i would not have even dare think of bringing my child into KK liao, now my younger son gt slight asthma attack already went there twice in the middle of the nite. now increase price then there goes the CDA account liao lor.
I ask nurse on the phone why price up so soon. She told me "your kid long time no come, up long ago .."

My kid just visited the same clinic in Dec 2012 only. Less than 1 month mean up long ago ?
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #50
xersion
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfun View Post

KK so exp meh? i go Gleneagle average only $70-$100