Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 14-06-2003, 12:11 AM   #41
Xerovix

Default Re: Male or Female?

for some only...

Quote:
Originally posted by HMTan
Male goldfish (any breed ) when mature will form white pearl on the side of the head just behind the eye and also at both the fin.
Old 25-07-2003, 06:13 PM   #42
dinosor
Dragon

so at wht size then will they breed??
so does female goldfish lay egg every months or few months like luohan did?? or they lay egg when they are breeding?
dinosor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 01:20 PM   #43
nicktc
Senior Dragon

Breeding goldfish is slightly different. Usually done in an 'orgy' method. You will have a few males and females. Usually as most fishes, when food source is in abundance, the will want to breed. Of course provided that they are sextually mature.

Normally a shift in temperature would 'trigger' the breeding instinct. That's why most breeding take place in the morning when the temperature chance from cold to warm. At least this is what I experience with my ranchus.

But do take note that GF are 'bad' in parenting, they will eat the egss as soon as they are laid. So its good to have a lotof those duck weeds with roots hanging for the eggs to 'hide'. As for me, I put up a raised wire mesh at the base to prevent the GF from getting to the eggs that have droped to the bottom.

Nicholas
nicktc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 11:34 PM   #44
branong
Banned

cant see any hole behind. must i catch them?
branong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2003, 11:07 AM   #45
huizhong

when the females lay eggs and the males are chasing her... will the males fertilise the eggs? i only saw them eating the eggs that are spraying out from the females...
Old 03-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #46
Dragonball'03

Hi guys, any idea of hand spawn ?
Old 20-01-2004, 10:05 AM   #47
kiatmobile
Arofanatic

Default Feng Shui - 9 Goldfish

I went to a friend house recently and notice that his tank has 9 goldfishes.

8 gold and 1 black.

According to him, its FengShui. Can you explain or elaborate further on this?

Thanks in advance.
kiatmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2004, 12:40 PM   #48
HN Lim

Default Re: Male or Female??

Quote:
Originally posted by Gryffindor
Dear Bro & SIs,

How to identify gold fish that is a male or Female. My friend say its tail. Pls advise??
There is this site http://www.chinagoldfish.net/english/index.htm which I think will be helpful
Old 25-03-2004, 01:43 AM   #49
Kawai

Default Re: Feng Shui - 9 Goldfish

It may be good fengshui, but if the tank is over crowded and resulted in fish loss, wouldn't that be bad fengshui? I guess what I am trying to say is that one should learn the proper technique to fish keeping and the hobby itself will be rewarding.

Quote:
Originally posted by kiatmobile
I went to a friend house recently and notice that his tank has 9 goldfishes.

8 gold and 1 black.

According to him, its FengShui. Can you explain or elaborate further on this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 26-05-2004, 06:51 PM   #50
dragonhart
Dragon

Default sharing some experience

hi, the male do fertilize the eggs. it happens quite fast and milt/sperm are tiny so u may not see it. i didn't. however when the water turns a little milky or bubbles appear on the water surface, it should be right. Note that if the male is too young, fertilization rate tends to be low. for learning experience that's fine. i usually take them out when there are quite some eggs at the bottom and they have began eating the eggs. they will continue to spawn in the new container, so be ready. let them spawn for a while ,when they eat more than they spawn remove both parents. by the evening, the unfertilized eggs would have turn translucent while the fertilized ones are clear and u may see a black dot in it. that's the eyes. they shoud hatch on the second or third day, depending on the temperature: higher temp faster hatch.
the same pair may spawn again next week(about same day), so wake up early and watch the action.
ranchus would be sexually mature when they are 3-4 inches long. the bigger the better.

btw anyone have successful hand spawning experience and stays in the west? (me stays in jurong west). my first hand spawn failed badly. i would like to learn from him/her. appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizhong
when the females lay eggs and the males are chasing her... will the males fertilise the eggs? i only saw them eating the eggs that are spraying out from the females...
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote