Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
Spakase

Very nice pics.
Happy to see so many Kelahs, like these fishes!

Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 AM   #12
PRECISE1180

Nice pictures bro, good too see there are people out there enjoying river fishes. I have about 10 x 20+" reds and a few thai blue and some termoleh too. May have to let them go pretty soon though as I am moving house soon and the new place is more suitable for aros.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #13
Freak

Tread quiet for so long ar? I've finally gotten my 6x2.5x2.5 up and running. Still waiting for some filter media and my supply of blue and gold kelah. Just transfered my existing blues and gold into it. Will wait a couple of days for water to clear up before posting photos. Any development from other bros?

Old 09-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Tread quiet for so long ar? I've finally gotten my 6x2.5x2.5 up and running. Still waiting for some filter media and my supply of blue and gold kelah. Just transfered my existing blues and gold into it. Will wait a couple of days for water to clear up before posting photos. Any development from other bros?
6ft Tank - Great!
I think i'm going to be kind of busy over the next few months but i cant wait to see your new setup pics. Help to keep this thread alive. Cheers and thumbs up.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
johnny9988

besides blue kelah from thailand, locally i mean in malaysia is there any blue kelah. Will a normal green kelah when it grown up it becomes bluish n people just call them blue kelan instead of green kelah ?

Last week i went to a LFS in sg buloh, plenty of red kelah n price oki la at size around 8-9 inch selling at 350 per piece. N there is one particular blue kelah. All the kelahs are placed in a white fiber glass with front glass under normal white light. Yes it is very blue n tempted to buy. But i am worry when i place in my tank it ll turn up gold color as my previous two posession from the semenyih guys. Well in the pond it is black n blue but when place in aquarium it turns up a bit like copper goldish color. Can any one tell me ?

Old 10-06-2009, 02:29 AM   #16
PRECISE1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9988 View Post
besides blue kelah from thailand, locally i mean in malaysia is there any blue kelah. Will a normal green kelah when it grown up it becomes bluish n people just call them blue kelan instead of green kelah ?

Last week i went to a LFS in sg buloh, plenty of red kelah n price oki la at size around 8-9 inch selling at 350 per piece. N there is one particular blue kelah. All the kelahs are placed in a white fiber glass with front glass under normal white light. Yes it is very blue n tempted to buy. But i am worry when i place in my tank it ll turn up gold color as my previous two posession from the semenyih guys. Well in the pond it is black n blue but when place in aquarium it turns up a bit like copper goldish color. Can any one tell me ?
Maybe you can try putting in some black water into the Aquarium

Old 10-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #17
Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9988 View Post

If it's thai blue (with black lateral line), then you should not lose any colour when placing them in aquarium. I've no experience with local blues... so can't comment.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #18
redbull1023

Any bros here been to seaview and seen their red kelahs...seems abit weird to me leh..the colouration for the larger kelahs seems silverish-gold.there is not even any hint of red..just wondering is it really a red kelah...

Old 12-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull1023 View Post
Any bros here been to seaview and seen their red kelahs...seems abit weird to me leh..the colouration for the larger kelahs seems silverish-gold.there is not even any hint of red..just wondering is it really a red kelah...
Hi, dont mean to scare anyone or not give Seaview business. I was there last weekend. I think you should avoid this batch of kelahs that is outside main hall and the larger kelahs inside the smaller area.

Check some of the previous threads for Red Kelah pics. They should at least have goldish body to start with. Any other colours, unless low price or you got deep pockets else i would suggest dont anyhow pay premium price for a red base on label only.

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 12-06-2009 at 01:20 PM.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #20
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
Hi, dont mean to scare anyone or not give Seaview business. I was there last weekend. I think you should avoid this batch of kelahs that is outside main hall and the larger kelahs inside the smaller area.

Check some of the previous threads for Red Kelah pics. They should at least have goldish body to start with. Any other colours, unless low price or you go deep pockets else i would suggest dont anyhow pay premium price for a red base on label only.
yeah
i bought 2 NTT from there & which seaview actually labelled as ST
KNS

Last edited by Ong88; 12-06-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Closed Thread