Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 16-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #51
jowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengshui fish View Post
.... I bring back from HK also won't die. I pack with Normal air as I need to transfer from plastic bag into hard case bottle.. 2-3hrs before check-in flight, abt 3.5hrs flight, clear immigration n reach home, easily 6-7hrs..but some up lorry after few days in my tank thou..not boosting, jus sharing..
But to be fair, spore weather around 1-3pm is not joke, very the humid n hot. U know how sensitive the little fellows r...
Lesson learn, I hope seller can make some compensation for u thou.
hmm bro... today noon weather is very cooling... rain heavily... i dont tink the death cost by the weather.
Old 16-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #52
soonhong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowy View Post
hmm bro... today noon weather is very cooling... rain heavily... i dont tink the death cost by the weather.
yes..today weather cool....i also don't think is the weather..
Old 16-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #53
brianz_410
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonhong View Post
Actually the breeder packed them in the morning and I just went to collect from his parents.
I think the breeder packed beforehand and God knows how long was that before it was being passed to bro Soon Hong.. Could even be early morning!
brianz_410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #54
soonhong

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianz_410 View Post
I think the breeder packed beforehand and God knows how long was that before it was being passed to bro Soon Hong.. Could even be early morning!
Yes, I was told he packed in the morning..but don't know what time..
Old 16-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #55
brianz_410
Arofanatic

That's why maybe not enough oxygen cos someone mentioned can tahan for about 5hrs. So if he packed at 9am, by the time you reached home already 6hrs ++
brianz_410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #56
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
I just remember there is a rotten fern leave in the bag..not sure if it will cause any death to the wr....Thanks master Silane.

what was the health state of the shrimps when you collect it?When I received the shrimps from his parents, I only check the leg if they are trasnparent and saw the size and I am happy with the size at least not 0.8cm.
do you know oxygen has been pump into the bag? I don't think his house got oxygen equipment.
when was the bag packed? I was told by his mom that it was packed in the morning.
when has the bag left the seller place? The bag was put in the tank but when i got the bag, I didn't feel the water is cold. not like i bought from some other bro, can feel the water really cold.
how was the bag brought to you? The bag was handed over to me in a red plastic carrier without any ice pack.
how did you bring back the bag? on the way back , I met Bro newlife to collect some crs from him at Jurong/IMM. Then I put both crs and wr in the same box with ice pack wrapped with newspaper provided by Bro newlife. Bro newlife really packed so nice. When I reached home, all wr died but crs are ok and no death.

I dont think it is much of a problem if the bag is kept cool before you have collected them, what you didnt by placing ice wrap in newspaper is good, this will ensure temperature is cool but not cold.

Were the shrimps clinged to the plant when you first see them?

Anyway, hope you work out something fair with the seller.

Last edited by silane; 16-03-2011 at 10:35 PM.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #57
soonhong

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
I dont think it is much of a problem if the bag is kept cool before you have collected them, what you didnt by placing ice wrap in newspaper is good, this will ensure temperature is cool but not cold.

I didn't really notice that but some like moving and some are on the frogbits root. The seller agreed to replace 3 pcs on Saturday.
Old 16-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #58
fengshui fish

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post

Ya, if prepacked bag was placed in chilled water, 6hrs or there abt should not be a problem..
Maybe some bro here, thinks lfs very free, repack after 6hrs?....lol..
Do correct me if I'm wrong, learnin process here.
Old 16-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #59
wanjas

Quote:
I didn't really notice that but some like moving and some are on the frogbits root. The seller agreed to replace 3 pcs on Saturday.
eh bro wtf happening sia?!wa lau eh knn..i read tat ur wr all surrender ic huh??carry on reading n my head go sotz sotz liao..n get 3pcs of replacement oni???siao liao la..ur bkk cost much more tan 3pcs of wr sia..is d seller trustworthy??from d way i see,he's not lei..
Old 16-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #60
papa_angler

I can feel your pain,TS.hope u will get back some refund.