Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #21
murphys33
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ View Post
i press hard and it never break. 4 years+ bio home plus.
Biohome will disintegrate after about 5 years - I am already into 2 rounds of biohome change.
murphys33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #22
CZQ
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphys33 View Post
Biohome will disintegrate after about 5 years - I am already into 2 rounds of biohome change.
Ic. Almost there. I will replace with matrix.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #23
millenium
Senior Dragon
 
millenium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ View Post
Ic. Almost there. I will replace with matrix.
Matrix i read here is a type of porous stone u can buy from nursery.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #24
CZQ
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium View Post
Matrix i read here is a type of porous stone u can buy from nursery.
ya spotted there.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #25
sen_jie
Senior Dragon
 
sen_jie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphys33 View Post
Biohome will disintegrate after about 5 years - I am already into 2 rounds of biohome change.
i think biohome got the old design and the newer design.

theo older design is short and fat, those can last a longer period. the newer design is longer and slimmer, which IMHO crumble faster.

i got a batch of ard 15kg old biohome plus bot ard 12 year back, still serving me well till today.
sen_jie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #26
murphys33
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen_jie View Post
i think biohome got the old design and the newer design.

theo older design is short and fat, those can last a longer period. the newer design is longer and slimmer, which IMHO crumble faster.

i got a batch of ard 15kg old biohome plus bot ard 12 year back, still serving me well till today.
I have been using biohome for some 20 years already. they will wear out in 5 years.
murphys33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #27
CZQ
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 287
Default

maybe the filter type also play a part in the wear rate. can list down the filter type together with the age of the media.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #28
Aro77
Dragon
 
Aro77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 773
Default

3rd compartment of sump, biohome +

age - about 6 years

condition - 8/10 ( little disintegration when washing but besides that working well, water parameters are good )
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #29
CZQ
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
3rd compartment of sump, biohome +

age - about 6 years

condition - 8/10 ( little disintegration when washing but besides that working well, water parameters are good )
Sump like wear out slower.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:31 PM   #30
FanAromatic
Dragon
 
FanAromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
3rd compartment of sump, biohome +

age - about 6 years

condition - 8/10 ( little disintegration when washing but besides that working well, water parameters are good )
Same here. 2nd and 3rd compartment of sum are biohome plus, used for last 5 years, still in good condition.
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)