Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 17-02-2005, 01:35 AM   #1
fuse

Default REVAMPED vivarium

Hi pple,

wah looks like more and more people are falling in love with vivariums!!!
anyway taken out my bird's nest fern and replaced with mosses!!!
all the mosses are doing fine, and today added a piese of wild orchid, attached to the drift wood with fishing line. Next week is my term break so finally got time to do up the tank for my FBT, so stay tuned

My table, with 2 tillandsias and a bromeliad
[IMG][/IMG]

The top view, see all covered with green mosses!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

my T.shanjing saying HI!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

closer look
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 17-02-2005, 02:47 AM   #2
dkk08
Arofanatic

very nice simple setup alex
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 03:52 AM   #3
dOlBy

Very nice, my wife sure freak out if I setup a vivarium with creepy crawlies. So no chance for me man, I envy you.
Old 17-02-2005, 04:02 AM   #4
Little_Fish

Steady lah bro. hee.
Old 17-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #5
REDDOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse
Next week is my term break so finally got time to do up the tank for my FBT, so stay tuned
so slow
bro ......... faster lah ........hehehehe.........
Old 17-02-2005, 11:36 AM   #6
dom

Hi Fuse,

How to maintain the moss in wet condition all the time? i hv a nano tank with mosses only. I gonna spray the water at least twice per day.
Old 17-02-2005, 07:24 PM   #7
fuse

haha
thanks for the comment, i maintain the humidity using a piece of acrylic taken from Bro ginger. give a bit of ventilation if not the misted tank sides would prevent the sunlight from getting in.

hi Dom, is your nano tank covered, for mine i mist using a spray twice a day also, but if its covered once a day will do also, best if its the substrate beneatht the mosses are wet, for me, as i highlighted are the ones on the driftwood which dry up fast,

1) one way as Bro ginger recommended me to do was to put some soil between the mosses and the driftwood (retains moisture longer)

2) the hard way of misting regularly loh

bro desmond, tot u also setting up new tank??? (as in vivarium, saw ur planted also, darn natural looking)

bro reddot, i am a busy student u noe
haha
Old 17-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #8
dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse
haha
thanks for the comment, i maintain the humidity using a piece of acrylic taken from Bro ginger. give a bit of ventilation if not the misted tank sides would prevent the sunlight from getting in.

hi Dom, is your nano tank covered, for mine i mist using a spray twice a day also, but if its covered once a day will do also, best if its the substrate beneatht the mosses are wet, for me, as i highlighted are the ones on the driftwood which dry up fast,

1) one way as Bro ginger recommended me to do was to put some soil between the mosses and the driftwood (retains moisture longer)

2) the hard way of misting regularly loh

bro desmond, tot u also setting up new tank??? (as in vivarium, saw ur planted also, darn natural looking)

bro reddot, i am a busy student u noe
haha
Hi Fuse,
My nano can't hv a cover. due to the drift woods which i get in...are too long. that's why i hv to spray twice per day. Currently the tank still in my living place. Gonna bring it to office tomorrow. At least can get 24 hours air con.
Old 17-02-2005, 11:05 PM   #9
fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dOlBy
Very nice, my wife sure freak out if I setup a vivarium with creepy crawlies. So no chance for me man, I envy you.
no need envy
buy first lah, cos my gf also tot they're freaky
but after some while she thinks they're beautiful
just look at this top view

btw bro dom,
yah now i recalled how ur nano looked like, good to have in aircon i guessed, u can see how air con therapy has helped bro ginger's tanks blossomed into so beautiful
haha
Old 18-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #10
kgoh88

I was thinking,hw do u prevent the soil from being too moist,thus causing the roots to rot?There isnt any holes for excess water to drain out right?