Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 23-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
leowweilee

Default discus question

I have gotten this 5 beautiful discus. They are very cute but only problem is why the face have like freckles?
What breed is this?
Will they grow very fast?
Old 23-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Black specks are norm cos their strain is pigeon, breed is melon. Growth depends on your taking care. These discus look like they need more feeding.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
sthh
Arofanatic

Peppering appears in pigeon blood based discus, as they try to blend in with the environment. If you use white background or base, the peppering will diminish.
sthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #4
cheng wei jian
Arofanatic

Peppering will also be more obvious if water is a bit too dirty for their liking but only happens to those of pigeon blood ( no offense though)
cheng wei jian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
sqwerc
Arofanatic

I think its genes more than environment for the peppering honestly. Agree good environment plays a part but if genes really nothing much you can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sqwerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
ntsmokers
Arofanatic

MIne also have. SOmetimes its more obvious, sometimes its not. Its the genes
ntsmokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #7
Jamonbutter
Arofanatic

If they are not stunt, with constant and regular feeding plus water change, they should grow big and fast. Go simplydiscus, tons of info there.
Jamonbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #8
leowweilee

Thank you bro. Vety helpful. I do have a black oyama back ground but my water is very clean and clear. 2.5Ft tank and a caniater supporting them. I feed them only 2 times a day. 1 FBW each time. Should i increase feeding time?
Old 24-05-2014, 01:56 AM   #9
Jamonbutter
Arofanatic

From the pic, I assume that they are quite young. FBW don't really meet their needs. May want to explore feeding beef or pig heart. Regular or daily water change would definitely aids its growth. Discus are really particular about water, hence more work and commitment is needed in this aspect, esp they are very young. But once they grow up and stable down, u can ease abit.
My two cents worth.
Jamonbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 02:01 AM   #10
leowweilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamonbutter View Post
From the pic, I assume that they are quite young. FBW don't really meet their needs. May want to explore feeding beef or pig heart. Regular or daily water change would definitely aids its growth. Discus are really particular about water, hence more work and commitment is needed in this aspect, esp they are very young. But once they grow up and stable down, u can ease abit.
My two cents worth.
FBW they kind not intereated some times i thorw in a cude, they wait like 10-15mins before eating. If i gwt beef heart u think will stimulate thier diets? Bro.. thank for advise.