Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Dragon Fish Industry

Old 14-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #21
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Hi Noby
Thank you indeed for your recent support! Well, you have just revealed our latest travel plans to the whole world, ha ha.

Enjoy your work and family life, best of luck in everything that you do.

Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by noby View Post
enjoy your croatia and Italy holiday.
Old 14-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #22
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Hi Lukeber
Appreciate your recent support of our auction and now, very kind and comforting words, too.

Yes indeed, so we sincerely hope you guys would continue to support Hong Long Fishery Centre.

All the best to your endeavors and comm!
Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeber View Post
Nice goldies produced and refined along the years. Glad to know the brooders are still producing locally for aro hobbyists
Old 14-08-2015, 10:08 PM   #23
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Hi Victor
Yes, we have indeed come a long way as 20 years is certainly not a short span of time by any measurement.

Appreciate your kind words as you are always so kind ...

Thanks a lot and do take care.
Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic View Post
All the best Julia and William

We have come a long way... I still rem when u intro ur Ruby Red... yrs ago.

Such fond memories!

Warmest regards
Victor Ng
Old 15-08-2015, 01:21 AM   #24
fong
Dragon

Hi Mrs Goh,

Sad to hear DFI is closing down. Fond memories of my first visit to DFI still lingers in my mind. Still remember the very first few arowana books were all written In Chinese. Very first English arowana book was written by Willi Si, but it's not hard cover. So when DFI came out with a hard cover english arowana book I was so delighted.

Your departure from the dragon fish business signals the passing of the golden era of the Dragon fish. Thank you for contributing so much to this wonderful hobby .

Wish you and William all the best .. and take care.
Old 15-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #25
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

HI Kelvin
Appreciate your kind words, really. Believe me or not, I too, still remembers your visit with Victor and probably Luc and another friend? And true enough, that was indeed many years ago.

Well, other than publishing two hard cover books, first in English and I later translated them into Chinese, I am here to share with you all the origin of the term which we are all so used to these days, ie Cross Back Golden.

The former Head of the then PPD (now called AVA), Dr Lim Lian Chuan was the person whom had advised us to keep Malaysian Goldens (another term for Cross Backs), saying this fish was rarer and commanded good prices. We heeded his advice and hence, bought our first batch of 20 Xian Leng Malaysian Goldens (the public listed firm in Batu Pahat) at S$1,500 for each 6-7 inch fishes. So, we really have Dr Lim to thank for ...

Not only that, we were even discussing with Dr Lim that since we are going to breed this exotic fish in Singapore waters, we should try to do away with the name, Malaysian Golden. And so, we have considered other options, Over Back Golden and Cross Back Golden. Of course, the rest is history and needless to say which name we had picked to use in our two English books.

Let's hope that the Cross Back market would pick up a little, and prices rise a little, so much so that all Arowana farmers would find it profitable enough and stay afloat in the Arowana business longer. In short, we do pray for a Second Golden Era for Cross Back Goldens ...

Take care, old pal.
Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong View Post
Hi Mrs Goh,

Sad to hear DFI is closing down. Fond memories of my first visit to DFI still lingers in my mind. Still remember the very first few arowana books were all written In Chinese. Very first English arowana book was written by Willi Si, but it's not hard cover. So when DFI came out with a hard cover english arowana book I was so delighted.

Your departure from the dragon fish business signals the passing of the golden era of the Dragon fish. Thank you for contributing so much to this wonderful hobby .

Wish you and William all the best .. and take care.
Old 18-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #26
MOSSNME

It's great to have your experience and sharing of 20 good years and now you had found someone to continue your joys in aro farming.

Very nice to hear that you finally reaches your dream retirement.

Have fun and great family time together.

Hope to have you sharing on Retirement after 20 years of hardwork...

Cheers

Mike
Old 18-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #27
kenza
Senior Dragon

All the best to you and William. Will miss your 6091 rose gold and Sapphire E1550 xbelly xb.
Old 18-08-2015, 10:40 PM   #28
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

Hi Mike
We thank you for taking time to send us your well wishes, much appreciated indeed!

Yes, from now on, we need not feel ''tied down'' to the farm anymore and thus able to spend more time travelling ...

Here's wishing you and your loved ones, a Happy and Fulfilled life.
Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSSNME View Post
It's great to have your experience and sharing of 20 good years and now you had found someone to continue your joys in aro farming.

Very nice to hear that you finally reaches your dream retirement.

Have fun and great family time together.

Hope to have you sharing on Retirement after 20 years of hardwork...

Cheers

Mike
Old 18-08-2015, 10:45 PM   #29
DFI
Dragon Fish Industry

HI Lawrence
Well, it seems no matter where we go, somehow or rather, we will meet you ... sort of fate, right?

About our 1EEO, 1555, 6091, they are all still in the Hong Long Fishery mud ponds ... and from what we know, 1555 and 6091 are still kicking and working. I know you have always been a great supporter of our Xbacks but my sincerest apologies for not being able to entertain your single Xback sales during the final weeks of our time at the farm due to our heavy workload and high stress levels during that period.

A BIG thank you to you, Lawrence, for everything! And here's wishing you and your young family, a Very Happy & Wonderful Life. May we meet again sometime ...

Take care.
Mrs Goh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenza View Post
All the best to you and William. Will miss your 6091 rose gold and Sapphire E1550 xbelly xb.
Old 22-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #30
Naga
Dragon

Default All the best!

All the best in your future endeavour and long deserved break.

Terima Kasih!