Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 17-10-2002, 02:15 AM   #31
Robo

Quote:
Originally posted by kiemtruong
Intresting,...It would be nice to see how a fully mature specimen of this xbreed would turn out.
Possibly transparent scales and an exrta row of scales with a red tail.
I can picture it now...but not really..ha

Personally it would be nice to see how this breed turns out to be.

OR

To see a xbreed of a silver with a jardini or a silver with an asian.
It's possibly but what are the demands or these xbreeds.
I'm thinking a very low demand but you never know..
No offence.... but if I'm not wrong, I do remember you are one of them that strongly oppose to the possibility of the cross breeding between Asian Aros and Pearl when I posted the thread 'Chup Cheng Arowana'.

Then may I know why the switch in your position or belief?

Old 17-10-2002, 02:22 AM   #32
dra9on

it's possible lah .. they are not really that distant , and belongs to the scleropages family...

like LHs which grandfathers belong to the cichlasoma family ..

so .. are the scales, large like Asian or small and pearly like the Jardini ? or in betwn ??

Old 17-10-2002, 04:35 PM   #33
CHAN

Attn :those guys with the xbreede aro..
Is it possible u take a close picture of the aro's scale formation
thnks
rgds

Old 18-10-2002, 11:23 PM   #34
Rx_7

sorry chan i have no digi cam yet ...will post the pic as soon as i get hold of the cam.....the fish behaviour is very weird ....very timid...unlike other aros....when pple walk pass it will dodge very fast....hyper active i can say....will keep u guys updated on this fish progress

bro robo:

have u seen rockscape new golden polo fish....i m surprise to see that after 20 over yrs this fish make a comeback...this fish is popular during my grandfather times and disappear for quite a long time..according to rockscape they import this batch of fish from thailand ....bros have u all heard this fish b4 ? its shape its like discus round broad body golden yellow in colour...got a sharp mouth just like a parrot and has a slight kok tau like luohan....and has snake skin pattern on its face just like Texas...haahahz all i can say is 4 in 1.... the best of all u can keep all together in one tank .....too bad i dun have a cam to take picutres for u guys to see ...anyway u guys can make ur way down to rockscape and see for urself very nice cute fish....i m planning to get some to keep ...

just something to share

Old 18-10-2002, 11:42 PM   #35
^GeNoME^
Dragon

as long as the fishes are from the same species(Scleropages
)... think breeding may be possible. just like crossing a lion with a tiger...:

Last edited by ^GeNoME^; 18-10-2002 at 11:48 PM.
Old 20-10-2002, 12:35 AM   #36
Rx_7

just went to find out more today....according to the breeeder that they try breeeding them the second time with red and pearl and this time fail...they mating pair just can't 'click'...as i have said the previous breeding done was an 'accident'