Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 09-02-2003, 10:28 PM   #1
snuffalapagues

redcross Cloudy water

Hi all,

performed a 30% water change and after 3 hours the water turned very cloudy, nothng else was changed except the filter wool. is it the wool??? RTG is fine, jus drained the water 70%, and filled it again, still cloudy....... any advice???

thanx in advance!!!

Old 09-02-2003, 10:32 PM   #2
PoPoK

is your tank fully cycled?
wat i felt is u shouldnt have took out the 70% of water.
STRESS THE FISH!

CHEERs

Old 09-02-2003, 10:36 PM   #3
Edge

Aiyah ... throw in some clear water lah ...

Seriously, when you use ketapang extract ... you wonch be able to see your so-called "cloudy water" .... It would be blackish water ... Try ketapang extract loh .... Good for fish and you wonch KPKB about water being cloudy ... tiobo ???

Old 09-02-2003, 10:38 PM   #4
PoPoK

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
Aiyah ... throw in some clear water lah ...

Seriously, when you use ketapang extract ... you wonch be able to see your so-called "cloudy water" .... It would be blackish water ... Try ketapang extract loh .... Good for fish and you wonch KPKB about water being cloudy ... tiobo ???
aiyah why use ketapang to cover up the cloudiness..its only a temporary solution, to solve the problem, get to the root of the problem

CHEERs

Old 10-02-2003, 12:56 AM   #5
snuffalapagues

hi bros,

my tank is a matured tank, been running for some time liao. i understand about the water change stressing the fish but had no choice because the water was really cloudy, i also add black water after every water change(30% weekly) i was concerned because the cloudyness was visible after the adding of black water, something that does not happen b4......not i wanna KPKB, i wanna find out if any experts here know the reason so i can get to the root of the problem, not temparory solutions......

many thanx!!!

Old 10-02-2003, 01:05 AM   #6
x1243

Quote:
Originally posted by PoPoK
aiyah why use ketapang to cover up the cloudiness..its only a temporary solution, to solve the problem, get to the root of the problem

CHEERs
agreed.. makes more sense than adding ketapang.. but usually after a while the cloudy water will clear up..

Old 10-02-2003, 01:08 AM   #7
jonloh

What is in your filter media and did you add any vit such as S7 or Vmaxx liquid form into the tank?

Old 10-02-2003, 01:26 AM   #8
snuffalapagues

i use a overhead with charcoal, ceramic rings, i add fish guard and blackwater with a little bit of salt after every water change
no know if the cloudy water will affect my aro

Old 10-02-2003, 01:54 AM   #9
ryanyap1002

Quote:
Originally posted by snuffalapagues
i use a overhead with charcoal, ceramic rings, i add fish guard and blackwater with a little bit of salt after every water change
no know if the cloudy water will affect my aro
bro, although not too sure for ur question..... but i have a n opinion here, maybe u can try it out..... since u already do abt 100 % water change, do not change anymore..... let it run for two or three more days, the water should be clear by then..... cause i'm facing this problem too.....

and, try not to use meds for ur aro..... i would suggest put in only anti-chlorine and salt every water change..... this is what i do to my little Green now and she looks alrite at all......

just my 2 cents......

Regards,
Ryan....

Old 10-02-2003, 03:08 AM   #10
snuffalapagues

thanx for the advice, jus checked the tank and the water has turned very cloudy again!!! ryan bro, keep me updated of your tank condition......

do you all think adding chemipure is a gd idea??? heard that it works wonders for cloudy and dirty water