Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
RTGFanatic

Default How many times do most bros do Water Changes.....

Just curious on how many times people actually do there water changes. I used to do it once a month which was no problem at one point since I only had one black and one turtle. But ever since Ive gotten the comm going I noticed that my Nitrates level have been going off on me. So now Im back to every to weeks which even that I may have to do ever week with the amount of waste there producing. So I was just curious how many times bros here do it.

Old 24-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
sean76

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTGFanatic
Just curious on how many times people actually do there water changes. I used to do it once a month which was no problem at one point since I only had one black and one turtle. But ever since Ive gotten the comm going I noticed that my Nitrates level have been going off on me. So now Im back to every to weeks which even that I may have to do ever week with the amount of waste there producing. So I was just curious how many times bros here do it.
i see mood one....but die die 1week once...ah bo is 3-4day once

Old 24-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Quote:
Actually water changes are depending on the tank's bioload. The bigger the tank with one fish will be less water change compare with small tank with lots of fishes.
Old 24-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #4
IKI

I think more fishes more bioload, more frequent Wc, less fishes less WC. Inaddition to that, have to depend on your tank sizes too..

Old 24-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
RTGFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II
Actually water changes are depending on the tank's bioload. The bigger the tank with one fish will be less water change compare with small tank with lots of fishes.

Yeah tell me about it. I have 100 gallon, one black, one turtle with cannister filter and bioload low. Now I have 300 Gallon looks empty with just two so I go on fish buying spree and now have one Asian, one black, one silver, two Fly River Turtles, stingray, one chiclid. I figure that big of a tank with dual wet dry system would be plenty but nope. So I maybe investing in canister filter with my wet dry hopefully bioload be lower than.

Old 24-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
M_Fairus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II
Totally agree with u bro...

Old 24-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #7
Mahek

Quote:
Yeah tell me about it. I have 100 gallon, one black, one turtle with cannister filter and bioload low. Now I have 300 Gallon looks empty with just two so I go on fish buying spree and now have one Asian, one black, one silver, two Fly River Turtles, stingray, one chiclid. I figure that big of a tank with dual wet dry system would be plenty but nope. So I maybe investing in canister filter with my wet dry hopefully bioload be lower than.
I hve a 160 gal tank wz 10 fishes(RTG/05 parrots/RD/FH/FF/Pleco) nd 02 cans nd 02 powerheads nd 30% 01time in a week WC.So far so good.

Old 24-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #8
M_Fairus

However, many experience fishkeepers recommend 1 - 2 weeks water changes at 15 - 20 % water change each time... Coz' u don't want to get rid of too much of the denitrifying bacteria (good bacteria) during the water change.

Old 24-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #9
RTGFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahek
I hve a 160 gal tank wz 10 fishes(RTG/05 parrots/RD/FH/FF/Pleco) nd 02 cans nd 02 powerheads nd 30% 01time in a week WC.So far so good.

Damn, thats pretty good and nitrates still low? Im having problems with nitrates going to high so I may have to go back to once a week.

Old 24-09-2005, 04:19 PM   #10
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Quote:
Yap, either you have to invest in another filter or get another tank to separate them.(the fishes)