Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 20-08-2014, 12:35 AM   #11
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
My dels have been with me for a while bro, not from QH. Just that I don't post them out here.

Whoa when you make such a statement bro, aren't you discouraging people from buying from me? It's part of my collection lei, I don't take them to sell for a profit like some people do
I am not discouraging them from buying, i am making a factual statement as a bichir siao. You know best what u are doing.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 03:13 AM   #12
desmondpeh
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
I am not discouraging them from buying, i am making a factual statement as a bichir siao. You know best what u are doing.
Hi bro,

Its not nice to make this kinda statements when pple are selling their fishes. I am sure you wont feel good when someone does the same to you in future right?

Anyway, nice dels you have bro. Will post some of my dels pics soon.
desmondpeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #13
mshak
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
Hi bro,

Its not nice to make this kinda statements when pple are selling their fishes. I am sure you wont feel good when someone does the same to you in future right?

Anyway, nice dels you have bro. Will post some of my dels pics soon.
Ya la people never step on your tail no need post such comments when they having sales thread
mshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #14
Kohaku
Dragon

Lol... You dunno what happen behind the forums and what kinda of comments I get from potential buyers. Very sad to see and hear ppl say these. Some times have to teach new comers a thing or 2 on the saying " U get what u paid for". Some good things dun come cheap.

If u played bichirs long enough, u will know Dels are morphing as they grow. Some will grow very nice, some won't.
Old 20-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #15
washywashy
Dragon

Quote:
Lol... You dunno what happen behind the forums and what kinda of comments I get from potential buyers. Very sad to see and hear ppl say these. Some times have to teach new comers a thing or 2 on the saying " U get what u paid for". Some good things dun come cheap.

If u played bichirs long enough, u will know Dels are morphing as they grow. Some will grow very nice, some won't.
Agree that dels morph but to specifically highlight as such when I'm selling them here is not. The thing is, no one can be certain how they would turn out at adulthood just like koi right? There are kohaku that suddenly lose their redness right?

If they are potential and sincere buyers, they would buy them no matter what but when one is searching for a bargain, it's pure luck. A few bros and I came across a batch of sold royal tiger spot dels back in 2010 at Aquastar in Yishun, they were far better than the ones you posted at the start of this thread. I think they can testify. Did we get them cheap? Yes we did, $12 per piece. The shop didn't know that they had jewels in their tanks. Such standards are easily snapped up at high prices in Japan even at present. However, bichir-keeping is an acquired taste bro not, everyone knows how to admire and treasure them. I have a bunch of solid dels in my office that my colleagues always drop by to have a look and they wonder why I like them so much as they look like snakes.

Also, there are many hardcore elite bichirfanatics with superb collections who don't post at all. They only hang around here as guests to look at trends that are set by us. That's the power of the forum and the bichir threads. See how much it has changed! Prices also shift because of our demands. I'm here for the passion bro, not about making money out of entry level dels. They are sold far below my cost FYI, I just need space

We need to have a consistent bichir fan base here in SG. Look at the pinoys, they have 'Philippine Bichir Brotherhood' (PBB). What do we have? 2 other bros and I tried to set up a website and community for bichirfanatics in singapore at the peak of the craze back in 2011 but sadly, it didn't materialise. Money was spent mind you. If we continue to bicker and compare who is a bigger 'guru' (as mentioned by someone elsewhere) and pro with the best collection, how can we have a healthy and solid community here?

That aside, redcen.co.jp, big-in.jp and a-kano.co.jp are my favourite hangouts other than the now defunct aquabonito and they are upon which I set my standards. What's yours? Care to share?
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #16
TuNA
Dragon

We have a consistent fan base in SG, just that everything is trending towards who is being politically correct. So many conflicts until people don't dare or bother to post anymore.
TuNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #17
Rigil
Dragon

Quote:
Lets start this thread with my new purchase for the last 3 months. Sorry if the tank is not in proper condition in some of the photos

My newly acquired Royal Tiger Dels and Premium Grade Delhezhi:

WC del with a tiger spot del in front :

Maybe some of you may want to share his collection too as I heard quite a number of good ones also went into the hands of a malay teacher and a few hobbyists. AquaOne has 9 in the shop yesterday.
Swee Leh!! How do these fellas grow too?
Rigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #18
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigil View Post
Swee Leh!! How do these fellas grow too?
Not as swee as washywashy standard lei. He go Japanese websites to set his standard for Del while I go facebook to look at other ppl collection. Maybe he can share his office or home collection. See how good they are.

Anyway these are more or less the same when bigger except the small lines and fading dot. These may become grow to become permanent line or dots. Else it may disappear completely. Water play a very important part to how it will become.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #19
washywashy
Dragon

Quote:
Not as swee as washywashy standard lei. He go Japanese websites to set his standard for Del while I go facebook to look at other ppl collection. Maybe he can share his office or home collection. See how good they are.

Anyway these are more or less the same when bigger except the small lines and fading dot. These may become grow to become permanent line or dots. Else it may disappear completely. Water play a very important part to how it will become.
Wah.. Very cynical hor. If never go jap website, will go 'royal tiger stripe' and 'royal tiger spot' meh? Of course must have high standards what. Space is limited, keep only premium stuff. Quality over quantity
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #20
tian ya ren
Dragon

Bro kohaku u have a very solid bichir collection really no horse run
tian ya ren is offline   Reply With Quote