Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 28-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #381
DragonFireSG
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Huh... Hiblow is water resistant? I am using Hiblow 60 (or 80? I cannot remember exactly ) Dont know who told me it is indoor pump, cannot put outdoor
HiBlow pumps are UL rated for outdoor use. Even in heavy rain I've not have trouble. Just don't let it go swimming, or have water back into it when it is off.

Note that it is not c-UL rated and thus cannot be used outdoors in the Canadian market. This may be the source of the confusion.
DragonFireSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 12:59 PM   #382
yidefuren

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuslee View Post
Hi bro,

Is the panel free standing on the tank? The height of the panel is not high enough imo. Look can the photos from aro farm harvesting and you can see the height of the net they use.
Another thing, the panels go outside of the decking, so won't the fish still be able to land on it? Is it better to just have the panels surrounding the water?
yidefuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #383
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuslee View Post
Is the panel free standing on the tank? The height of the panel is not high enough imo. Look can the photos from aro farm harvesting and you can see the height of the net they use.
No, some parts I use velcro tape while some parts are using hindges and glue permanent to hold them. It consists 2 separate panel 'systems' and they can be removed. Actually due to the 90 degree turning here and there, the whole panel structure is quite stable sitting by itself. With the velcro tape to the sides, it just enhance more...hard for me to explain...

Yes what u say is true, the aro can jump high, overlook on this but I really like the height of this panels, looks nice and presentable... After using the netting for so long, is really enjoyable to see my fish without the netting. Cant describe... I will see how it goes... hopefully my fish can behave themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireSG View Post
HiBlow pumps are UL rated for outdoor use. Even in heavy rain I've not have trouble. Just don't let it go swimming, or have water back into it when it is off.

Note that it is not c-UL rated and thus cannot be used outdoors in the Canadian market. This may be the source of the confusion.
Wow bro, everything u know really thks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by yidefuren View Post
Another thing, the panels go outside of the decking, so won't the fish still be able to land on it? Is it better to just have the panels surrounding the water?
Bro, bo bian la, my brain at that moment only can design this simple type My thinking is that even if the fish jumps onto the decking, they will have no escape path and will keep flipping and finally drop back into the fgt. Should not be a serious problem
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 09:31 PM   #384
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

The shelter is finally done

Install LED strip around the pond and just go for a testing. I love it so much. Is so bright and I can finally see the whole pond at night. I lovethis LED strip as it can change so many colours and can adjust the brightness. My wife loves it too
Old 30-04-2016, 02:00 AM   #385
Aro77
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
The shelter is finally done

Install LED strip around the pond and just go for a testing. I love it so much. Is so bright and I can finally see the whole pond at night. I lovethis LED strip as it can change so many colours and can adjust the brightness. My wife loves it too
congrats bro can share some pics , eager to see

am also personally using RGB LED lights , very energy saving , convenient and at night can change to on just a dim light when want to sit and admire the fishes
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 05:57 PM   #386
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Thks bro...

Almost done, still need to buy some air pipes and redo them. Now very messy.
My wife requests me to put back the fountain. Try to set the circumference bigger but failed Anyway she likes it, so I am ok too
Just now there is a rain,good to have a leaking test Everything is fine, but the shelter is a bit short and all the rain was directed into the pond from the shelter I have no choice about this as it is a requirement from MO to leave a 1m gap from the exterior wall Bo bian...

Very nice to have the fan installed, very cooling and relax for me. I have no reason not coming back home eagerly to accompany my wife everyday and my fish too

I will take some night scene when free...
Happy fish keeping and Happy weekend ahead!
Old 30-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #387
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Old 30-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #388
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Old 30-04-2016, 10:56 PM   #389
Heuer
Dragon

Very nice!
This must be your favourite spot of your home.
Heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 11:41 PM   #390
Aro77
Dragon

beautiful , love the carpet grass and the outdoor set
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote