Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 10-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
ostrava

Quote:
Originally Posted by reversebungee
ok... i think gotta buy one ehiem then.

ard $80++ lah. got how many years warranty arh?
If u buy classic 2213, u may need to buy the optional double taps for ease of usage, the double tap is 30 plus a pair, one at outlet and one at inlet. Extremely useful when u going to clean ur cannister or prime ur filter. So it will add up over 120 bucks. I would recommand u to buy the tap, confirm no regret.

It come with a 2yrs warranty. Its money well spend on such a trustworthy filter tat will give u peace of mind 27/7
Old 10-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #22
reversebungee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrava
If u buy classic 2213, u may need to buy the optional double taps for ease of usage, the double tap is 30 plus a pair, one at outlet and one at inlet. Extremely useful when u going to clean ur cannister or prime ur filter. So it will add up over 120 bucks. I would recommand u to buy the tap, confirm no regret.

It come with a 2yrs warranty. Its money well spend on such a trustworthy filter tat will give u peace of mind 27/7

i just mentally prepared myself for $80+ then, i saw ur post...

walau this is a mental trauma.. i'm going crazy.

the tap for? classic 2213 can prime one? i know there are two models, one is can prime one is cant prime. is there a website that show list these products? i went to the website of ehiem but cant find anything useful.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #23
|squee|

2213 doesn't have priming function built in. The ecco series have the priming function: 2232 or 2234.

The tap allows you to disconnect the tubing from the filter itself so that you can just carry the filter to the toilet to wash, leaving the tubing hanging from the tank without creating a siphon or leaking.

http://www.eheim.com/external.htm
Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #24
cheetf
Dragon

If you are mentally not prepared to buy them just use the filter as is first and as you go along you could always buy one at a time and add to it.

However you would soon see why you might need them. I think the alternative would be to get some taps from other brands that fit the 12/16 mm size of pipes. Think I saw some cheap ones at Aquastar that might fit. The are fluval but as long as it fits you could always get them.

If you want to buy one tap first, then fit it at the bottom othewise when you pull out the hose the water will be spouting out!

By the way if you get a good canister it can serve you easily for 10 years! Mine did,
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #25
reversebungee

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by |squee|
2213 doesn't have priming function built in. The ecco series have the priming function: 2232 or 2234.

The tap allows you to disconnect the tubing from the filter itself so that you can just carry the filter to the toilet to wash, leaving the tubing hanging from the tank without creating a siphon or leaking.

http://www.eheim.com/external.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf
However you would soon see why you might need them. I think the alternative would be to get some taps from other brands that fit the 12/16 mm size of pipes. Think I saw some cheap ones at Aquastar that might fit. The are fluval but as long as it fits you could always get them.
point noted! thanks for all comments + helps.

priming, if dun hav, will it be difficult to start the filter? uncle at shop told me, no priming jus add sum water in cannister can liao. no difference one.

all Pros, Experts, Senoirs down here, need advice b4 i really buy any cannister filter...
For my 2ft planted (not very heavily - see my gallery), 10 guppies, 1 female betta, 2 ghost shrimps, 3 ottos, 1 mountain shrimp, 1 feeder fish, and 8 more (not added yet) fucata.
Which cannister filter best fits?
2213 ok? or some other brands? is there way too much fishes inside? Bio-load ok for cannister to handle?

pls advice. thank you.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #26
|squee|

Classic 2213 sounds good for your tank, or the Ecco 2232. The Ecco has priming function which is good if you want fuss-free priming. You might also want to consider how the hoses are attached to the filter: 2213 has outlet attached at top and inlet bottom side, while the 2232 has both inlet and outlet at the top.

I prime my filter by using the red-coloured "hose-sucker" device used for changing water from pots sold at markets. Even so, it's difficult to do if your filter + hoses are not filled with as much water as you can.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #27
reversebungee

Thumbs up thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by |squee|
Classic 2213 sounds good for your tank, or the Ecco 2232. The Ecco has priming function which is good if you want fuss-free priming. You might also want to consider how the hoses are attached to the filter: 2213 has outlet attached at top and inlet bottom side, while the 2232 has both inlet and outlet at the top.

I prime my filter by using the red-coloured "hose-sucker" device used for changing water from pots sold at markets. Even so, it's difficult to do if your filter + hoses are not filled with as much water as you can.
ok, will go c328 look see look see... seems that many are saying c328 cheaper...

eheim 2213, will take note.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #28
cheetf
Dragon

Well, I suppose it will now bring back to how much you are willing to spend. We can recommend you all sorts of canisters but in the end if you don't think you want to spend too much you will still buy the one closest to your budget.

The 2213 is no doubt a good filter and I think it is suitable for your tank. I was always believe that in this case extra filtration capacity is better than having it just enough. At least when it starts to fill up with dirt you can be sure that your extra capacity can look after the flow.

Priming is a good feature to have but unless you always turn your filter off and on, I'm sure with a little practice you will find the best way to start the filter (We will be more than happy to put in our experiences on how to start it I'm sure)

At the moment I am using 2X 2026 and a 2213. My 2213 is being used for a 2ft X 2ft X 1.5ft cichlid tank. I feel that it is barely enough but until I buy another filter this has to do.

As bro Ostrava said the filter is well recognised and spares come easy. No point buying something that is supposed to last many years but have to throw it away because you can't find a simple spare for it.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #29
reversebungee

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf
Well, I suppose it will now bring back to how much you are willing to spend. We can recommend you all sorts of canisters but in the end if you don't think you want to spend too much you will still buy the one closest to your budget.

The 2213 is no doubt a good filter and I think it is suitable for your tank. I was always believe that in this case extra filtration capacity is better than having it just enough. At least when it starts to fill up with dirt you can be sure that your extra capacity can look after the flow.

Priming is a good feature to have but unless you always turn your filter off and on, I'm sure with a little practice you will find the best way to start the filter (We will be more than happy to put in our experiences on how to start it I'm sure)

At the moment I am using 2X 2026 and a 2213. My 2213 is being used for a 2ft X 2ft X 1.5ft cichlid tank. I feel that it is barely enough but until I buy another filter this has to do.

As bro Ostrava said the filter is well recognised and spares come easy. No point buying something that is supposed to last many years but have to throw it away because you can't find a simple spare for it.
well said. true aso lah. me low pay worker can afford much aso. seems like 2213 fits my aspects the best for now. Erm, when i buy liao, i post here ask how to prime/use, ok?

thanks again.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #30
nbx

Btw eheim is good long term investment.

Its electricity consumption is usually lower than those from China.