Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 29-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Planted

Default A season for Big Mamas

Sharing my 3 mamas which just got impregnanted recently.

My CRS MaMa, my first time having CRs berried. SO EXCITED!

I had removed my galaxy from the tank since this babe is pregnant. However I still find 1 or 2 tiny hydra in the tank, is it fine for the shrimplets if the hydra is like 1mm size? I scare if I put in the galaxy they will most probably eat the shrimplets.

My Fiery Red MaMa, she is really fat. She is in her 2nd labor since she came into my residence.

My Snowball MaMa, sorry for unclear pict as she moves alot! still young in pregnancy. She is in her 2nd labor since she came into my residence.

Comments are welcomed!
Old 29-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
Planted

One of my snowball only manage to fetch like 3-5eggs.. -.-" its the 2nd time already, any expert knows what could be the reason? Genetically low in fertility?
Old 29-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
bettafantastic
Endangered Dragon

Congrats...they look fat with eggs.
Hope they hatch soon
bettafantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
thxpro98

the most common reason IMHO is stress, if a berried shrimps have good hiding place, no predators like fishes, not much disturbance and good water parameters, they should 'fetch' alot of eggs. maybe your snowball has alot berried eggs but she drop them?
hope this helps, cheers!
Old 29-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
fisbike
Arofanatic

Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see their offspring soon.
fisbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Planted

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxpro98 View Post
the most common reason IMHO is stress, if a berried shrimps have good hiding place, no predators like fishes, not much disturbance and good water parameters, they should 'fetch' alot of eggs. maybe your snowball has alot berried eggs but she drop them?
hope this helps, cheers!
Thanks. Water parameter has been stablized, and i gave them many hiding places till i cant see the mother until eating time. No fishes too. I think its a low stress tolerance shrimp. nvm, got a mama with many eggs can already. means more will come.
Old 29-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Planted

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxpro98 View Post
hope this helps, cheers!
Thanks. Water parameter has been stablized, and i gave them many hiding places till i cant see the mother until eating time. No fishes too. I think its a low stress tolerance shrimp. nvm, got a mama with many eggs can already. means more will come.
Old 29-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
thxpro98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planted View Post
that good....
maybe her health then..
yup good luck on that.
Old 29-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #9
Eugene THS

wahthey look awesome the intensity of the red is good and the crs also very chio
Old 29-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
alvinchan80

fantastic looking mama...
keep it up and hope you have a big colony of shrimps soon....