Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #51
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newiy View Post
nice catch there Schmike,

i love dorados. just sold off my 16-17 incher one. and i still have one more left. actually depends on individual fishes. i actually had two in my comm tank. had to catch one out cos that one was terrorizing everyone around and at that size i was afraid of the consquences considering i had quite a few oddballs inside. watch out for their food man. they eat like pigs literally and also cos they never stop moving, their metabolism rate is very high so expect them to eat non stop and also probably eat most of your food before the rest of the guys can reach them! happy keeping
so far mine start to swim near the bottom of the tank with fishes ard the same size or much bigger. no signs of attack. hope it will remain this way.

there is feeders in the tank. so im not so worried about food.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #52
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPoPbOl View Post
wah bro so fierce ar even wack 10inches endi till no left??? still tot wanan comm wif my other fishes now scare liao
i thought most species that i keep have bad reputation?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #53
jPoPbOl
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
i thought most species that i keep have bad reputation?
hahahaha see u keep post nice fishes how to tahan.. now i oso headache my 5ft overload damn high bioload haha
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #54
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
hahahaha see u keep post nice fishes how to tahan.. now i oso headache my 5ft overload damn high bioload haha
where got nice? my fishes so so nia la.

increase filtration n WC. still remember my 422?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #55
jPoPbOl
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
where got nice? my fishes so so nia la.

increase filtration n WC. still remember my 422?
just scare they wun grow big ma if too mani fishes hahaha....

waiting for u to post a video of ur tank soon haha
Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #56
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
just scare they wun grow big ma if too mani fishes hahaha....

waiting for u to post a video of ur tank soon haha
u will b amazed by how fast some of them can grow when u do a very big WC twice a wk. then they will stop once they hit a certain size.

video ar...like this i need to ask elindra to bring my PNS camera over when she come n collect her stuffs.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #57
BigeyeFish
Dragon

Quote:
is i walk pass this tank. then c the fishes inside there wack one another si bei song. then they swim quite fast n still quite pale looking only notice the jaw n reddish fins. so i ask the boss if those r ATFs cos ciewie looking for goliaths mah. then he tell me is "黄金河虎". then i stare at them. suddenly i realize they r DORADOS!

then itchy liao lor. so i ask for price.
hehehe..if fed properly the dorado tail will show redness too. mine is almost totally red now with a black stripe in the middle of the tail which looks very cute. yesterday it was whack by my PBs but it still eat like pigs.

the other bro advice is good about comm with larger Aro. so far it makes peace with my african pike and RTG though the dorado is less than half their size.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #58
BigeyeFish
Dragon

Quote:
u will b amazed by how fast some of them can grow when u do a very big WC twice a wk. then they will stop once they hit a certain size.

video ar...like this i need to ask elindra to bring my PNS camera over when she come n collect her stuffs.
i really agree with you bro about the WC can help on fish growth. I am doing 50-60% WC for my tank weekly (cos the chlorine level in chengdu water is quite low) and they have really grow fast and huge even only with one feeding at 7-8pm daily.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #59
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigeyeFish View Post
hehehe..if fed properly the dorado tail will show redness too. mine is almost totally red now with a black stripe in the middle of the tail which looks very cute. yesterday it was whack by my PBs but it still eat like pigs.

the other bro advice is good about comm with larger Aro. so far it makes peace with my african pike and RTG though the dorado is less than half their size.
at least i will get an aro of ard the same size. if not i still can partition my tank till the aro is bigger or i can move it down with my PNTs 1st. now i have enough space to play ard with.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #60
BigeyeFish
Dragon

Quote:
at least i will get an aro of ard the same size. if not i still can partition my tank till the aro is bigger or i can move it down with my PNTs 1st. now i have enough space to play ard with.
with aro bought same size, it will never be beat the growing rate of dorado bro. dorado growth is like 3" a month compare to aro at 1" a month both in best conditions. and dorado needs moderate to faster moving waters. in 3 months time you will be siao liao. hehehe... maybe....another.....6ft ....t..k.
Closed Thread