Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #91
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Hi Mod

i would like to apply for buy/sell privilege
1) clear very good condition used items.
2) meet some new friends from other forums.
3) know experiences on other type of fishes through meeting

Thanks much
Old 01-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #92
bichon
Arofanatic

I had attended some AF events in the past and the last two years AF Anniversary.(Singaro and Serangoon CC.)
I did not registered for this year AF Anniversary.
Will I be able to get my buy/sell privilege?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #93
Harvey35
Dragon

dear mods..hope i can have my buy/sell privileges back..
have always been participating actively in the datnoid thread section by sharing on my experiences in keeping tiger and aro sections and also in the showcase section..i'm sorry i am unable to attend the carnival as it is currently my last semester in school..have a lot assignments and projects to work on..my bad
have a nice day ahead people..

regards
harvey

Last edited by Harvey35; 02-09-2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: typo error..
Old 06-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #94
BlurMil
Dragon

Hi Mods,

hope you guys can assist my b/s privilege.
I had went to the AF carnival last sun to show support. I specially made the trip down even when i gotta babysit my little girl alone.
( I m the guy that carried my 2yr old girl throughout.)
Of cos, the effort to go there is well paid off with the wonderful frens meeting, fish viewing chances.
and in view of other support, I've bought the af book. Its well worth the value and hopefully the fund collected can help differ some of the forum running cost.

I also contributed to the sub-forum for rays and PBs by sharing of info and my mediocre knowledge. Being in rays since 06'-07' and now shifted to PBs.

But i wish to say that even without b/s, I will still contribute to the forum whenever time allows.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #95
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurMil View Post
Hi Mods,

hope you guys can assist my b/s privilege.
I had went to the AF carnival last sun to show support. I specially made the trip down even when i gotta babysit my little girl alone.
( I m the guy that carried my 2yr old girl throughout.)
Of cos, the effort to go there is well paid off with the wonderful frens meeting, fish viewing chances.
and in view of other support, I've bought the af book. Its well worth the value and hopefully the fund collected can help differ some of the forum running cost.

I also contributed to the sub-forum for rays and PBs by sharing of info and my mediocre knowledge. Being in rays since 06'-07' and now shifted to PBs.

But i wish to say that even without b/s, I will still contribute to the forum whenever time allows.
privilege accorded.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #96
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Seems like many members whose privileges have been taken away still dun understand what is meant by supporting AF and contributing to the AF Community.

It is NOT about how long you have been an AF member, how often u login, how many times u have posted articles n pictures to share or how many friends you have made here.

Neither is it about how many cheap fishes or accessories you have bought/sold in AF, how many FOC items you have given away or how you are encouraging fish-keeping by doing all this.

Nor is it about how you are helping to increase traffic in AF by being a member, creating big business opportunities for AF, or how much is AF worth if it is put up in the market for sale.

To understand why your privileges have been taken away, ask yourselves these questions:

1) Have you attended any AF event so far? Did you put down your name in the attendance list of the thread for the just concluded AF Carnival 2011 at OTF?

2) Did you put your name in the sales list for any AF souvenir items like AF Book, windbreaker, jersey, t-shirts and lanyard?

3) Did you put your name in the participation list for the Aro, Ray, TVR, Guppy, Betta and Flowerhorn competitions organized by AF?

4) Did u join any of the AF affiliated clubs like AFC and FHCS and participate in their activites?

5) And just in case you think that support and contributions must be in monetary form, did you volunteer to be a helper for the AF Carnival 2011 or any AF activities?

Hope the above gives you a clearer picture of what is meant by support and contribution.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #97
atan
Dragon

Hello Mods,

Was wondering if you could assist in my b/s privilege.

Did some contributions in the past and did learn a lot from this forum.

Was at the AF carnival and gotten some goody bags. Best part is I managed to buy the AF book although didn't do a pre order. Lucky me.

Thank you very much.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #98
hardric

First, let me say I'm not looking for re-installation of my b/s privilege. But I want to suggest to instead allow people like me to be able to have a "give" thread & a "want to buy" thread.
The give thread will allow ppl like me to give away some livestock or equipment to help beginning hobbyist. The want to buy thread will also allow hobbyist to get 2nd stuff cheaper. it will help beginning hobbyist.
The want to sell privilege can remain with whoever AF deems suitable.
These two threads will help hobbyists and will minimise people taking advantage. We might not have done a lot for AF but allow us to contribute a bit back to the hobby.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #99
Iceman77
Arofanatic

Hi mods,

Is it possible to have my buy/sell priviledge back?
I attended the AF carnival last sunday with my friends to walk around and also to collecy the book as well.
I ordered the book through my friend as i was bz at that point of time.
Hope u guys can help me to get my buy/sell priviledge back.
Thanks in advance and your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #100
Hershley
Endangered Dragon

Default removing my b/s privilege request

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
Seems like many members whose privileges have been taken away still dun understand what is meant by supporting AF and contributing to the AF Community.

It is NOT about how long you have been an AF member, how often u login, how many times u have posted articles n pictures to share or how many friends you have made here.

Neither is it about how many cheap fishes or accessories you have bought/sold in AF, how many FOC items you have given away or how you are encouraging fish-keeping by doing all this.

Nor is it about how you are helping to increase traffic in AF by being a member, creating big business opportunities for AF, or how much is AF worth if it is put up in the market for sale.

To understand why your privileges have been taken away, ask yourselves these questions:

1) Have you attended any AF event so far? Did you put down your name in the attendance list of the thread for the just concluded AF Carnival 2011 at OTF?

2) Did you put your name in the sales list for any AF souvenir items like AF Book, windbreaker, jersey, t-shirts and lanyard?

3) Did you put your name in the participation list for the Aro, Ray, TVR, Guppy, Betta and Flowerhorn competitions organized by AF?

4) Did u join any of the AF affiliated clubs like AFC and FHCS and participate in their activites?

5) And just in case you think that support and contributions must be in monetary form, did you volunteer to be a helper for the AF Carnival 2011 or any AF activities?

Hope the above gives you a clearer picture of what is meant by support and contribution.
Thanks for explaining. In this case, i take back my post to request for B/S privileges as i am not able to contribute in such ways. Anyway i still see some other member(s) whom dont contribute in the above mentioned having the b/s privilege. Not gg to mention names.

I no longer required this privilege from AF and i wish to thank AF for allowing me to b/s during my membership. Still will continue to share n contribute in my own way here .

Happy Anniversary to AF .... !!!
Closed Thread