Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 13-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #41
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenghan View Post
Redeployment is their speciality
Remember LG Ng Yat Chung? The former CEO of NOL (earning more than $16million from his NOL days from 2011-15) where it was reported under his charge NOL lost more than $1.5billion and finally forced Temasek to sell NOL to French group in June last year?
Yet under the new mgmt is making profits in less than a year!!!!!
Well he is taking over as CEO of SPH and could probably be earning more then compared to his days at NOL. This is really incomprehensible how the present govt continue to support these "failures"
this is talent just like ah jinxx, unreplaceable
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #42
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Remember LG Ng Yat Chung? The former CEO of NOL (earning more than $16million from his NOL days from 2011-15) where it was reported under his charge NOL lost more than $1.5billion and finally forced Temasek to sell NOL to French group in June last year?
Well he is taking over as CEO of SPH and could probably be earning more then compared to his days at NOL. This is really incomprehensible how the present govt continue to support these "failures"
Not that I'm being negative or what.... What does these former Army top brass knows about corporate management to be the CEO? Lifelong employability at e expenses of GLCs?
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #43
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Precisely bro.

The people's career have already been nicely paved out before their enlistment.

just a PsC scholar who earned more than 300k per year in his first year of employment, and this job was pre-arranged bf he left for his studies.

During his overseas studies, all his expenses were being paid for and still got a monthly allowances too.
When he come back to work after completing his studies, he was assigned to a senior to "mentor" him on the Dos and Don'ts. His senior told him " Welcome to the elite world, we are elites so no need to worry abt the future. Our career already planned for them.

Last edited by loveikan; 13-10-2017 at 03:53 PM.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #44
Robson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Precisely bro.

The people's career have already been nicely paved out before their enlistment.

just a PsC scholar who earned more than 300k per year in his first year of employment, and this job was pre-arranged bf he left for his studies.

During his overseas studies, all his expenses were being paid for and still got a monthly allowances too.
When he come back to work after completing his studies, he was assigned to a senior to "mentor" him on the Dos and Don'ts. His senior told him " Welcome to the elite world, we are elites so no need to worry abt the future. Our career already planned for them.
300k in first year definitely not true. Tell me who..

Career planned and opportunities given are true but still need to perform otherwise won't enter elite realm.
Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #45
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
300k in first year definitely not true. Tell me who..

Career planned and opportunities given are true but still need to perform otherwise won't enter elite realm.
Hahahaha.
Yeah 300k is not true but more than 300k as per stated.
Anyway, up to you.

You have not seen it before does not mean not true and lagi worse, don't have.

Last edited by loveikan; 13-10-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 13-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #46
Robson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Hahahaha.
Yeah 300k is not true but more than 300k as per stated.
Anyway, up to you.

You have not seen it before does not mean not true and lagi worse, don't have.
I am in government service since 1997. In management level. Are u?
Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #47
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Oh please. I am just a nobody, not worthless but still maybe worth a pence.
One has no need to work in a stat board or to be in a govt service to know certain matters.

Anyway since you are in govt service though I am not sure where or which area AND bear in mind that I am not interested to know too.

Nonetheless, I can't help but just want to ask you whether you aware that annually, there will be a few out of a batch of scholars ( President and PSC) selected for special career path. These are creams de la creame. Well, i just reckon that you do.

Ok next, are you aware again that from these selected few, there will be a few more rounds to shortlist the right candidateS. Yes ended with a S.
At the end, annually there will be only 2 candidates left to be shortlsted.

Well even after the final round and the last standing does not meant he is the one.
Here is the excitement as he only got into the next level Another set of criteria awaits him as he will be competing with the best selected annually from the earlier batches before his.

Do you know what is the above selection for, which position or do you even know abt the above at all? If yes, pls pm what is the position that I am talking about. Just a hint: not the PM post.

Er.......wait. what am i doing? I nearly forgotten to mention something very impt..Hahahahahaha

Here you go.
Obviously you have no knowledge of what i am talking about in the above.
Why I am very sure.
Because based on your immediate questioning to my earlier post on the more than 300K income, I also stated the following: the scholar will be attached to a "mentor"

You totally have no idea or clue abt the mentorship hence you questioned that it was not true to earn 300K per year.

Just to add a bit more, the scholar is shortlisted for a extremely high level post but because he is new tgis the mentorship.
During these period, he will be in a tour of duty, from dept to dept, fr ministry to ministry but that mentor as well as some new ones will continue to nurture him throughout.
Whether he can get the job at the end of the day is entirely dependant on his capabilities plus the appraisals. And the process continues and etc.

Anyway, you are not that level to know about all these so do not overestimate yourself.
Now do note that I do not meant to be rude but you started it first in this post.

Of course you can disagree with me and whatever will be reply is alright for me.
We just agreed to disagree.

Again, I am just a nobody with extremely limited knowledge of the world and what had transpired. Call me an airhead if you wish to. It is fine with me.
Old 14-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #48
millenium
Senior Dragon

Please Dun stress khaw further, he has bypass before
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #49
globalcookie
Dragon

Nothing is equal and fair.... 2 same degrees doesn't get the same prospect right? Or should I say, one with a master and another with scholarship degree (not masters) doesn't mean the one with master will have the same or better opportunity to begin with.

It's too elitist and too paper driven, yet we have funny jokers who claimed e civil service is not elitist and there's no white horse... who they kidding? Another joke is about what yellow ribbon project.... these are really good for laughs only.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #50
Auratus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Woo...high level...are you a scholar?
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote