Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 05-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
A.SickLids
Arofanatic

Default Multies

Hi shifus, recently read about a fellow bro's posting about shellies(multies) and it seems that I've been poisoned! However i'd like to check with you guys what's the quantity of these fishes I can house in a 2ft tank. Was previously into malawis so I don't really know alot about them except that they'll do good in high stable PH, some hiding space(shells rocks etc) and also will buffering the PH with baking soda and coral chips be good enough? Last question, can anyone share with me any sightings of them in lfs near the north area? Thanks all!
A.SickLids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
TaNgS_RuLe
Dragon

You dun need to start with too many, a small group of maybe 5-6 pieces would do comfortably in a 2 footer. Once they get started you will soon have the whole tank filled up with multies

yup rocks will be good, but not a requirement, shells however are required for breeding. Yup, baking soda and coral chips will be good enough.

I dun think LFS will have them, but there are several bros in the forum who breed them, im sure they can give you a better price.
TaNgS_RuLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
A.SickLids
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaNgS_RuLe View Post
You dun need to start with too many, a small group of maybe 5-6 pieces would do comfortably in a 2 footer. Once they get started you will soon have the whole tank filled up with multies

yup rocks will be good, but not a requirement, shells however are required for breeding. Yup, baking soda and coral chips will be good enough.

I dun think LFS will have them, but there are several bros in the forum who breed them, im sure they can give you a better price.
Ok thanks sir! I'll look around at buy/sell
Old 21-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
Pikapig
Dragon

i got a colony of young adult...but sold off alot...

u don need alot of them...they will multiply themselves....2 ft think can have like 30pieces...the male will control the quantity

i got a trio from kenneth...n breed me 2 colony of multies...haha

ermm similis is another similar form..that one, i have a pair for sale...if u interested...multies wise...onli a few younger adults to let go...

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=440980

Last edited by Pikapig; 21-11-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Pikapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.SickLids View Post
Hi shifus, recently read about a fellow bro's posting about shellies(multies) and it seems that I've been poisoned! However i'd like to check with you guys what's the quantity of these fishes I can house in a 2ft tank. Was previously into malawis so I don't really know alot about them except that they'll do good in high stable PH, some hiding space(shells rocks etc) and also will buffering the PH with baking soda and coral chips be good enough? Last question, can anyone share with me any sightings of them in lfs near the north area? Thanks all!
yeaps as advised by the two bros on the quantity (: a small group is enough (: as for water chemistry, other then pH, look out for hardness too (: hard water prevents pH from crashing (:
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
A.SickLids
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapig View Post
i got a colony of young adult...but sold off alot...
Hi bro, this thread is more than a year old I have since kept a trio of multies and sold them after 6 months. They didn't spawn for me though Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
yeaps as advised by the two bros on the quantity (: a small group is enough (: as for water chemistry, other then pH, look out for hardness too (: hard water prevents pH from crashing (:
Yeah I have already kept them before. Thanks
Old 22-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
Pikapig
Dragon

Ops..den y did tis thread suddenly pop out n i still respond to it?? Weird thou..
Pikapig is offline   Reply With Quote