Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 21-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #1
johnphua
Arofanatic

Default Mr aqua ohf base always leak

I've just returned to the fish keeping hobby after 2 years break. I've started a 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft tank for a flowerhorn. I've noticed the base of the mr aqua always leak. Due to a little bit superstition, water leak = no good. Since then, about 1 month plus, I've changed 3 sets of mr aqua as the shop didn't sell base alone. But it still leaks.

After flipping thru the forum and found N30 is doing glass base for this mr aqua ohf so immediately order one. This morning just collected and was happy about their workmanship. It fixed nicely on my tank. Make use of this opportunity to stick black oyama on the two containers to make it look nicer

Is this mr aqua ohf base like that easily break or leak? It is my 1st time using ohf as previously using sump system
johnphua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
llewellyn
Dragon

Your first picture not clear, cannot really see clearly where exactly is the leak except for the red circle obstruct by the light.

The other two pictures are clearer but not necessary since it doesn't show the problem you are asking.

All my ohf (7) got no such problem. Most likely its your setup/arrangements (uneven placement of trays, base etc) ....
llewellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #3
LauLanChu
Dragon

Small tank like yours usually don't comes with the center bracing and due to the weight there will be slight bend towards the center. Water get to the tray will be compromising from flowing out of the outlet and might have slight overflow on the other end. To resolve this problem you got the straighten the tray base by some bottom support. Also do ensure outlet is fully clear with no blockage and water don't fill beyond and above the outlet may also help.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
matthew
Senior Dragon

yes it always leak at the bottom tray becos the bottom tray are glued together.

another brand called "CL" will not have this problem as it is single mold tray. but the size of the box is different.

Personally to me...as long as the leak isn't much. I wun be bother by it as the leaked water still go thru the filtration process and back to the tank.
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Actually leak is not a big problem so long the leaked water gets into the tank.

Mine leaked too,

Make sure if the leaked water make a splash, the light is not near.
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote