Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 20-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #21
akuma
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Gary Lineker has a very famous quote

" Football is a game of 22 people on the field running after one ball. And in the end, Germany always wins "

Likewise, Singapore Politics.

Tony Tan will win. If he gets less than 50% of the votes, it is already a strong signal.
my goodness..if TT really wins, PAP will take that as a mandate from heaven.... our ass will be shoved with really big cxxk....
akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #22
smellyfish
Dragon

when he says used against political opponents, unfortunately, it becomes a slight on the old man himself. like in the JBJ cases, you might find the entire cabinet in 87 (those alive anyway) suing TJS for defamation. Each one use one SC, TJS will be bankrupted just be the legal fees alone.
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #23
ment0s
Dragon

first thing first,

when people is talking TT cut him and interupt? totally rude and no respect to the speaker.

anyone here wants a president here who interupt others when world leaders are talking?
ment0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #24
smellyfish
Dragon

he interrupted because of the seriousness of TJS's charge (according to PAP's ideology). He stopped interrupting because the big brain inside his big head is calculating how to make TJS pay big time.
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #25
Aris
Arofanatic

TJS have to win otherwise he will be in deep trouble. The PAP will not take this lightly. He should be cool and think twice before saying such things in public as many in the past got into trouble because of this.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #26
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
will tjs be sued? he is coming dangerously close...
That's what I am thinking too. Hope he would not fall into any trap that will jeopardize his promising political life.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #27
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinOBeeR View Post
bro, firstly no offend to you, kindly pardon my openness; though harmless.

if we are electing a president because he is afraid to "crossing the line", then i am afraid that we may have to pay(or waste?) $4M per annum for another Prataman-alike president for another 6 LONG years.

beside, TJS is speaking the hard truth and he is speaking from his heart. we are lacking of this kind of people in Singapore.

Q: Should TJS be thankful to TT for the interruption?
A: I am still wonder is TT interrupting or threathening or intimidating TJS. if it is the latter. Why Should we be thankful to someone who attempt to threathen or intimidate us?

My question is:Why should TT be so negative and defensive in this dialogue session? Shouldn't he exhibit more professionalism for respecting other PE candidate for not being rude and interrupting(or threathening or intimidating) others?

cheers
Don't worry bro...this was merely for discussion...
I have indicated that TT 'RUDELY INTERRUPTED" so you know how I felt on his behaviour already..
But knowing the history of the PAP, they would not take too kindly of such statements. So TJS is going for broke.
He cannot afford not to win or cannot afford to see TT winning otherwise there could be repercussions.
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #28
koijunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenghan View Post
....He cannot afford not to win or cannot afford to see TT winning otherwise there could be repercussions.
Repercussions ? I don't think so. Unlike in the past, LKY can 一手遮天 , do anything he wish. But now things have change, they have to think about the retaliations from the people (voters) if they make any wrong move.
Old 20-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #29
AlvinLeong
Dragon

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Part 1. Part 2 on Sunday.

TT typical PAP...答非所问,带人逛花园。。。

Last edited by AlvinLeong; 20-08-2011 at 11:47 PM.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #30
mictok
Dragon

"I don't even know if it was justified in the first place because the ISA has been used on political opponents and those who (are) on the other political side of the law," he said, adding that "the history is such that is has been used for political purposes".
At this point, Dr Tony Tan jumped in, stressing, "When one says this is used against political opponents, I think this is a very serious charge. You must be able to back it up."
Tan Jee Say shot back, "The people who have been detained have opposed the government. That's what I'm saying."

Frankly when I look at this highlighted statement,my opinion is that TJS need to really think thru to rephrase his statement.He cant pinpoint base on some known facts and make a statement out of it.I am sure ISD will be able to produce records of them detaining terrorist and others from a different back ground although most of the reports are related to political matters.
He may really get himself into trouble if he still misfired for the next few days.
mictok is offline   Reply With Quote