Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

Old 26-09-2003, 02:24 AM   #1
aardwolf

Default Any recomemdation on Digital Cams

I personally won't buy Nikon 5400 becoz it is made in Indonesia unlike 5000 and 5700 made in Japan. Any recomendation on point and shoot Digital Camera? Please post only personal experiences and the pros and cons of the camera. No budget, so bros here please help. I'm not looking for 2nd hand cameras so don't need to offer me any cameras. Just need some help in choosing the right camera.
Main---Easy to use
Sharp and clear pictures
Nice design
Mainly using marco fuction more
Mainly using Auto Focus more

Any help from kind bros here??? Pls post ur experience here.
Old 27-09-2003, 02:17 AM   #2
Ian

I'll go for a 3.0 above MP

Canon Sureshot a70 - Compact Flash
Pentax OPtion 33L - Compact Flash
Fujifil Finepix A303, A310 or even A210 - XD Card
Old 27-09-2003, 06:49 AM   #3
Wendy79

Smile

What abt Sony DSC models? I find it not bad too.
Old 27-09-2003, 11:25 AM   #4
Palmer

A value for money one would be the Canon A70. It is made in Malaysia though. But I am quite happy with it.

If you can wait, maybe you can try the upcoming Canon A80.
Old 27-09-2003, 01:12 PM   #5
aardwolf

Anybody tried G5 or Nikon 5700??? What's the result?? Currently I'm looking at these 2 models. I like Nikon's design however heard from my friends Canon is better in terms of colour,sharpness and the overall effect. Nikon can't really focus well in dim light while Canon is not so bad. The Auto focus I heard for Nikon is a joke, and the manual focus is hopeless, but how am I suppose to focus when 2 of the focus can't be used, is there a third focus?
I've own a few digital cameras, I agree Nikon 5000 is abit hopeless in foucsing and the price is still high even for 2nd hand. Market price is $800 to $1000. The new one I saw in Courts is $1388. Nikon 5700 2nd hand is still $1100 to $1500. The new one in Courts is $1788. However I won't buy Nikon 5400 due to the fact it is made in indonesia and it's focusing is far far worse than Nikon 5000 and 5700.
I'm looking at a used D30 canon(DSLR) also. Thanks for the reply all bros.
I need a camera that looks like a SLR, but simple to use, high resolution, can capture moving object, clear and sharp pictures. Mostly point and shoot.
Does any bro knows whether can I try the camera before buying the Camera, like a few different sets? I have a few models in mind. I don't mind paying abit for good service but no Sim Lim please,the salesman are like Ah-beng.**Faintz*
I went to Courts but the salesmen are too proud to serve me, maybe I'm wearing shabblish, can't blame them. Went to safe superstore ,service is good but company policy says cannot try.
Any comments is welcome. Thanks
Old 28-09-2003, 12:37 AM   #6
Palmer

You can try MSColor at Ang Mo Kio. Good price and great service. If you already have a model in mind, get a equote from www.mscolour.com.sg before going down. The price they quote through email will be much cheaper than if you were to go down without.

Cheers
Old 28-09-2003, 01:02 AM   #7
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmer
You can try MSColor at Ang Mo Kio. Good price and great service. If you already have a model in mind, get a equote from www.mscolour.com.sg before going down. The price they quote through email will be much cheaper than if you were to go down without.

Cheers
Thank you so much. I'm glad help is here.

The above link is dead, I can't get into their websites. Or is it close down already?

Last edited by aardwolf; 28-09-2003 at 11:31 AM.
Old 29-09-2003, 12:48 AM   #8
Fantasy

The Canon 300D look good for a DSLR and is not very expensive except the accessories.

Saw in the newspaper that it cost $1999 with standard kit. Should be cheaper at shops.
Old 29-09-2003, 12:55 AM   #9
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Forget abt nikon 5700 if you want to capture moving objects, the 5700 got a hopelessly slow auto focus and doesnt do well in low lit environment. Go for Sony F717 or V1 if you want a compact version.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 02:15 AM   #10
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by BarraCuda™
Forget abt nikon 5700 if you want to capture moving objects, the 5700 got a hopelessly slow auto focus and doesnt do well in low lit environment. Go for Sony F717 or V1 if you want a compact version.
Thanks for the shared experience. I don't need a compact one. Any other recomendation. I'm sure this is helpful to all who are intending to purchase a new digital camera. I'll do a research on the cameras you recomended.